VERY SAD! MR DRAGON

by hamptonite21 40 Replies latest jw friends

• SHUNNED FATHER
    SHUNNED FATHER

Hi everyone. I am SHUNNED FATHER. I am the one who has set up the web site www.watchtower-victims.org which I hope will help victims and launch a series of Worldwide Mass Action Suits against the WTS. These Mass Action Suits hopefully will recompense the victims in some way, and force the WTS to reform it's policies. The WTS does not want to lose money, members or receive bad press. I have learned from fighting them for the past eight months that the WTS hates bad media coverage. The media coverage of a series of Mass Action Suits worldwide would create tremendous ongoing media coverage which may cause them to change.

I found some of what Mr. Dragon had to say interesting. Mr. Dragon please contact me, I know nothing of politics. I am just an ordinary guy who's life has been destroyed by the WTS. I would like to prevent them from doing to others what they did to my family. I would appreciate any suggestions or help in what I am doing.

I was talking to my daughters doctor and found out that she did not die of cancer. Her cancer count was very low. It was not life threatening. She died from a lack of blood. If she had received a blood transfusion she would be alive today. P.S.-This is the first time I have ever posted on a forum.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Welcome to the forum Lawrence

• nilfun
    nilfun

((((Shunned Father)))) Welcome to the board

• pandora
    pandora

I think Mr. Dragon has a good point.
    I am not a fan of the JW's (god knows) and any bad press for them makes me extremely happy. I want the focus to be on JW's. I don't really care about the other religions. They just don't effect me. But I have to admit that focusing only on the abuse victims within the JW orginization is, simply put, ON MY PART, selfish. I have selfish motivations for caring only about the JW's. I simply want them to crumble so I can have my family back. That is the simple truth. I am selfish in that way. For that I appologize to all the other victims out there. Seeing this post made me realize that the issue is the children, not the orginization. The Children.
    And Dragon has brought to light that the only way to save the children are with Laws FOR the children. He's right. We HAVE to change the laws. And it HAS to be accross the board. I think that since Bill brought in the other speakers, the guy from SNAPS, and the others, he is realizing that it might have to be a group effort.
    I completely support Silentlambs in the effort to change the polices of the Borg. That Definately needs to happen. But we all know how stubborn they are. To give in to this kind of tactic just isn't an option. This is their persecution. This is their test. They will fight simply because they see it as such. I would venture to say that lumping them in with other religions might actually take some steam out the persecution angle. How can they be the only true religion if all of the religions are being persecuted in the same way? Are they all TRUE religion? Would they abandon calling it persecution to the r/f?
    Just as a side note: I think it would be some type of poetic justice to lump them in with the Catholic Church for once.
    As much as Silentlambs has done the best job possible up until now, checking into the law of the land may be the next best step for the orginization.

For what it's worth, that was my 2 cents.
    -P(J)

Edited for grammatical errors.

Edited by - pandora on 1 October 2002 12:22:49

• mouthy
    mouthy

Shunned father- welcome to the group- my sympathy in your great loss.I am a Canadia also( I believe you are too) also a Ex JW. I admire your courage for speaking out.

To others on board-Pickiting bethel with Silentlambs is great- I lift my hat off to you all. But a bus load of us from Pensylvania picketed them for years every Oct.It never made the media- Watchtower is such a small potato tio news casters. But let us not give up- Maybe we will see the "walls of the WT" fall one day- maybe not in my life time- but yours!!!! Grace ( better known in the WT as "Undeserved kindness)

• little witch
    little witch

Reading through this thread, I am humbled, proud, happy, and enlightened by all of your comments!

True, passions and emotions are ablaze. I think it is the human energy that is ripe to be released

from most of us on the board. It has been a long time coming! I never thought I would see this day

come. I was a young teen when I began researching the Watchtower, and it was from books from

the library. Information like that was hard to pass on, especially to family members.

Now we have the internet, and millions upon millions may read our opinions, research, documents,

and personal opinions. Thankyou Hampton, and Dragon, especially, for sharing your ideas without

hurting each others feelings. After all, no matter how long each of us have been free, we are all still

feeling creatures....

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

I will try to research on this but if anyone knows EXACTLY what states in the US HAVE madatory reporting laws could you share? It would make it easier for those on this board who live in NON-reporting states to possibly change that.

I agree that this, along with public awareness is the key to getting more protection for children regardless of faith afiliation. There should should be countrywide (US) mandatory reporting laws. This is a loophole the JWs use for not reporting and I'm sure other religions use it as well.

TT

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

kenpodragon, You make a lot of sense

Don't worry about the rest.

regards plum

BTW

Welcome aboard Lawarence

Edited by - plmkrzy on 1 October 2002 17:27:11

• Mac
    Mac

kenpro,

Though it goes against the grain of a great many, my thoughts on the matter are are much like yours. I,m not afraid to be disliked for what I believe in. I see you are the same! Good work!

mac

Edited by - mac on 1 October 2002 19:16:45

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Pandora is hot, the rest of you are on crack, and its almost five- so its Miller Time.

Please join me in this Drink fest, it may help some of you RELAX a little bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit