Major network calls for official investigation

by ozziepost 48 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mulan
    Mulan

Amazing information. I am sending this link to the local reporter who called me, to be sure I kept her informed about how this situation is progressing.

I am with TTboy, and hope we get to see this soon!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Had Enough,

We have it on VHS. What system do you use?

Ozzie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mulan,

Check your mail box

Ozzie

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

My video tapes are VHS too. Yeah!!!!!

Had Enough

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

Any way you could get it on DVD or digitize it in some way? I no longer use a VCR. On your original post showing the channel 9 preamble I did request a vid tape......my parents use a VCR and so does the rest of my family. So anyway to obtain that would be great!

TT

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

TT:

Note the Sunday link. Tapes can be ordered from Channel Nine.

Ozzie

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

Checking now. HA i have 1.5 DSL and this site is still taking forever to load up...looks like it's getting major hits and look-sees!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

REPORTER: In part two, the shocking details of these cover-ups. Yeah, I just wanted to talk to you about the sex abuse case involving Natalie Webb. And we confront the elders, who in Jehovah's name and with the church's backing, kept the authorities at bay. Do you recall telling her that she shouldn't go to the police?

MAURICE HADLEY, CHURCH ELDER: Not at all.

REPORTER: She says you did?

MAURICE HADLEY: Well, that's her word against mine, isn't it?

REPORTER: Hi - Graham Davis from the Sunday program. I just wanted talk to you about the sex abuse case involving Natalie Webb.

MAURICE HADLEY: Oh, right.

REPORTER: You know her father?

MAURICE HADLEY: Well, indeed I do.

REPORTER: You used to play tennis with him, didn't you?

MAURICE HADLEY: (Laughs) Where did you get all this information? ...

FROM ROTTEN APOSTATES OF COURSE MAURIE!!

REPORTER: So, for sexually abusing his daughter from the age of four, a crime he readily admitted, all Victor Webb got was a reprimand behind closed doors. A private reproof?

NATALIE WEBB: A private, yep so, and then he would be put on a course of bible studies, because that's what was wrong with him - spiritually he was sick, so he was told.

REPORTER: At the very least, Natalie Webb had wanted her father disfellowshipped - expelled from the congregation - the ultimate sanction for Jehovah's Witnesses. It didn't happen. Why didn't the elders of the church disfellowship him for what he did?

MAURICE HADLEY: Why didn't they?

REPORTER: Yep. Why didn't YOU?

MAURICE HADLEY: Well, I'm not the decision maker.

REPORTER: You were.

MAURICE HADLEY: No, no, I was only one of them - I was a committee - part of the committee at the time.

...... etc,

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

http://sunday.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/cover_stories/transcript_1149.asp

REPORTER: A secret deliberation, a private reproof, no recourse whatsoever to the proper authorities. Did you go to the police?

MAURICE HADLEY: ..which is a reasonable - no, I didn't.

REPORTER: Why not?

MAURICE HADLEY: Well, it was something for the family to decide and do.

NATALIE WEBB: Maurice said to me that the authorities shouldn't be notified because it would be a bad witness and that they would be able to handle the situation.

REPORTER: So Maurice Hadley told you quite specifically...

NATALIE WEBB: Mmm-hmm, yes.

REPORTER: ..not to go to the police?

NATALIE WEBB: Yes.

MAURICE HADLEY: Yeah, and I say that that's not true.

REPORTER: You swear by that?

MAURICE HADLEY: I swear by that categorically.

Edited by - refiners fire on 21 September 2002 22:35:22

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Ozzie,

My wife and I are sitting together eating this up. Your description of the program barely exceeds the reaction you describe to the program. You folks there did good getting this to completion. Can't wait to see it.

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit