Major network calls for official investigation

by ozziepost 48 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

In providing damning evidence of a massive cover-up of criminal activities by its members, Channel Nine has called for an "official investigation into the WTS".

A judge of the Supreme Court has also expressed "I am surprised that the police have not taken action against the church authorities. I hope they will do so."

http://sunday.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/cover_stories/article_1149.asp

These were the conclusions to a 45 minute report on today's "Sunday" programme in which victims of child abuse spoke out.

The program showed how JWs routinely cover up child abuse and actively frustrate police investigations.

Cases were:

Natalie Webb who was abused by her father from the age of 4 years old until 17. Natalie told an elder Morris Hadley (Oakleigh, Vic) and was advised not to go the authorities. When seeking help for trauma, she was advised not to consult psychiatrists or psychologists because they're "worldly" and "possibly satanic". the abuser was given private reproof. Later was jailed for 10 years. During the court case 3 representatives of the congregation went to court to be with the abuser; none for the victim. In fact, they wouldn't even speak to her! Morris (the P.O.) still visits the abuser in jail.

Simon Thomas who at 12 years of age was abused by another dub, Robert Souter, at Corrimal congregation, NSW. He told the elders but there was no suggestion to go the police. His parents spoke to elders and the C.O. and were reminded "keep the congregation clean" (i.e. don't talk about it) and "leave it to Jehovah". Souter moved to Cooma in the Snowy Mountain area of New South Wales where he abused dozens more. Souter was dealt with by a JC, disfellowshipped, but reinstated after 6 months!!!!!!!!! Simon, in Corrimal, was counselled by the elders in regard to his emotional problems "obviously you're not praying enough".

The Supreme Court judge expressed his wish that the police investigate wilful obstruction of the civil authorities and the network say it's "time that governments cracked down on this organisation. They're outlaws, having placed themselves outside the law."

Great (really great!) interviews were shown with a former elder from New South Wales and Andrew Farrell, known to us here through his posting.

There was also a very well reasoned interview with the WTS former lawyer and director who is now the Anglican minister at a pretty historic church next-door to Australia Bethel. Scenes were shown at that church and a church service. Seemed to me there were some familiar faces, ex Dubs, in the congregation! The former lawyer confirmed that Dubs would routinely lie to the authorities, based on their definition of lying, namely, "Lying generally involves saying something false to a person who is entitled to know the truth and doing so with the intent to deceive or to injure him or another person" (Insight, Vol 2 page 244) By this definition, the WTS is able to excuse their lying or covering up to the authorities, because "they are not entitled to know". damning evidence, indeed!

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 21 September 2002 21:39:43

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

And you were involved in this eh oz?

Good work lad. Makes me want to drive to Oakleigh this afternoon and confront Morris live in the hall with everyone watching.

Im pumped .....who wants to go??

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

R.F.

Now you know what the "fuss" was about!

Just think, there is much more that has been prepared and has not been shown (yet).

Cheers, Ozzie

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Ozzie, you spelt "Souter" wrong.

Here's a link to the Souter case as covered by our local rag, the Ilawarra Mercury:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/jw/jw42.html

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thanks Steph. I was relying on a faulty memory!! I've edited it.

Thanks.

Ozzie

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

...."Presiding elder in the Corrimal congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, Roger Graham, said he could not comment about practices 20 years ago"......

Hmmmm. obviously there is a directive from Jehovah based on Psalms chapter blah ,verses yadda to yadda, that judicial matters more than 7 years old cannot be discussed with media representatives.

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

I WANT TO SEE THIS!

oHH GOD please get this up ASAP, please! Ozzy U rule! Did CNN get ahold of this? or NBC here in America? Maybe this will start getting some of those bastards thrown in jail here in America. Maybe I need to make a trip to Australia and kiss the ground when I get there and than leave

US is fairly PC but it sounds like U guys pull off the gloves and lay it out as it is! WOW. Man I screamed at the top of my lungs when I saw these posts! YEAAAAAAAAAAA

TT

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Just received this email from the program's producer at Channel Nine:

"Calls are coming in thick and fast here.. all boads well for a follow up."

Woohoo!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi Ozzie:

Thanks for filling us in and showing just how much the JWs live up to their boast of how they are united in their policies and beliefs the world over.

I like this statement:

The Supreme Court judge expressed his wish that the police investigate wilful obstruction of the civil authorities and the network say it's "time that governments cracked down on this organisation. They're outlaws, having placed themselves outside the law."

And isn't it so typical of the JWs to show their support for the abuser and the elders and cast aside the victim when she/he cries out for help and justice.

Now I hope someone has this on tape and it is compatable with our video systems in this part of the world...or that someone, not technically challenged, can make it compatible.

Thanks to Stephanus also for the link...there's alot of other great articles there too.

Had Enough

• Had Enough
    Had Enough
    "Calls are coming in thick and fast here.. all boads well for a follow up."

YEAH !!!!! again Ozzie

Bring on part 2 !!!!

Had Enough

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit