Major network calls for official investigation

by ozziepost 48 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

PREACHER: Remember our hearts and minds are dedicated to Jehovah and we must be holy because he is holy.

REPORTER: We asked the Watchtower Society a series of questions about its handling of the cases of Robert Souter and Victor Webb and asked them to tell us how many child abusers they've uncovered in their ranks. We were told it wasn't the business of the media to know, though the church did say very few were elders or those holding positions of responsibility. In this letter, Viv Mouritz, the society's Australian president, declined our request for an interview and said about the claims of Simon Thomas and Natalie Webb -

"My inquiries indicate that the elders involved did not give instructions not to report the abuse to the police".

REPORTER: It's at odds with everything we've heard from a number of sources, including a judge. But on previous form, the congregation will be told our story is the work of Satan.

PREACHER: The media out there, with all its power and its might, it presents human nature in three Ds, three Ds - debauchery of every kind, deception of every kind and demonism of every kind - and we need to be aware of that.".....

He said this live for the demonic film crews benefit

..."We were told it wasn't the business of the media to know, though the church did say very few were elders or those holding positions of responsibility".....

I guess that makes it okay!!

Edited by - refiners fire on 21 September 2002 22:50:19

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks Ozzie and thank God !!!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Oh man, I just read the transcript! That is AMAZING!!!!! It's the hardest hitting yet!

I LOVE AUSSIES!!!!!

Expatbrit

• Scully
    Scully

This is fantastic Ozzie!! Well done!!

Can't wait to see a video copy of this sometime!

Love, Scully

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    When seeking help for trauma, she was advised not to consult psychiatrists or psychologists because they're "worldly" and "possibly satanic

There are no words for a religious organization that's concern is foremost with its public image while the emotional well-being and safety of its members consistently takes a back-seat.

Thank You Ozzie !

Edited by - deddaisy on 21 September 2002 23:14:5

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I am so glad am out and my kids are safe!

The show was AWESOME!!!

The images of the fat, bloated elder saying "No Comment", like some Mafia boss on the streets of New York, and the shot of the big luxury car driving into the Kingdom Hall, were memorable. And the shots of the luxurious headquarters, it just reeked of BIG MONEY!

It's so good that Satan has now decided to use his media to expose his own activities in the WT Society. Hey, thats not right - why would Satan expose himself...??

Maybe its not Satan but Jehovah behind the media, hmmm?????

Pope

• seedy3
    seedy3

All I can say is, STUNNING ABSOLUTLY STUNNING.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Folks, this program ranks alongside Dateline and Panorama in quality of research and journalism. It ran for aproximately 40 minutes, showing both sides of the story, although the Australian Bethel branch and the elders interviewed showed their true arrogant natures.

The media out there, with all its power and its might, it presents human nature in three Ds, three Ds - debauchery of every kind, deception of every kind and demonism of every kind - and we need to be aware of that."

I literally LOL'd when the convention speaker said this - the WTS was shooting itself through the foot with stupid comments like this.

Congratulations to all of those involved in the making of this program, particularly Natalie Webb and Simon Thomas for agreeing to speak publically about their cases.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Ozzie,

Thank you (and your mates there in Oz) for keeping us informed.

It is very gratifying to see that the Truth and Freedom loving reporters in Australia have the courage to pursue this with the vigor it deserves.

I cannot imagine any circumstance in which you might need my help, but if there is anything at all that a balmy twit like myself can do to assist you or these WONDERFUL reporters in any way at all, please let me know. My mailbox is open and is immune to Watchtower Virus Attacks.

PS - Randy and Bill and AlanF and Amazing and QueenBeetle and Jean Kraus know me and can vouch for the fact that I am one balmy twit.

- Nathan Natas, UADNA

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 22 September 2002 0:41:15

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

I may be taking a long shot here but is this a Jean Kraus from the Cleveland, OH area? I know of a Jean Kraus from my young years as a Dub. I also knew of Jene Tenke who recently died. He also was from the Cleveland, OH area. SL had Jean Kraus as someone to say you know to get discounted rates for hotels for the march. Can anyone give me any more info?

TT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit