Major network calls for official investigation

by ozziepost 48 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

An observation I had as I watched the program:

Did you notice how things happened five years ago? Elders leaving etc? So many of our circle left then. Strange, isn't it?

Oh well. just musing on a Sunday afternoon.

Just been to visit Zaqen. OK you guys, he was in the program, didn't you recognise him? I was interested in a comment he made. (Actually his interview lasted 45 minutes but we only see a small portion in the programme.) Do you recall that the interviewer asked him if the WTS could be reformed? Do you recall his response? It was a definte NO! I must agree. Here in Australia, we encourage those who've seen the truth about 'The Troof' to "get out of her, my people!". Those former elders interviewed, both on and off camera, have all taken their stand for what is right. It has cost them all dearly, but they were willing to pay that price. In the end they are blessed.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Flip
    Flip

Once again, it appears individual elders of Jehovah's Witnesses are on the front lines unwittingly taking the legal hits for the WT Corporation that skulks behind a smokescreen of masterfully opportunistic marketing.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I note the Sunday Programme can scent blood on this issue so much so that they are planning to keep covering the issue. Remember, those who are emailing this programme to help out, to remind them of the Watchtower's policy on rape - it surely crosses paths with the child-rape issue, and the SUnday people could certainly use the Watchtower's crappy handling of that issue to further make mincemeat of them.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

They always were, Steph. There's much, much more already taped. The producers could only use a small part for today. Interestingly, it was originally planned to show Panorama first, then add on the Australian bit, but it was so strong that even Panorama was discarded. Channel Nine say they may play the Panorama program here soon. Whoopee!

Ozzie

• Simon
    Simon

Well done Ozzie !

I can't wait to see this programme

• Tasm
    Tasm

The Sunday show opened with the recent Melbourne assembly, and with the Elder Doug Elliott speaking. Why this is relevant is because that Elder Doug Elliott is an ISP provider. His local business here in Rosebud Victoria is Hotkey Rosebud. I find this so hypocritical as the WTS has been cautioning their members so much in recent years on the dangers of the Internet. He also has full knowledge of my case when I tried to seek help from the elders when my daughter was in danger of being molested. I witnessed the brother "kissing" my then eight year old daughter innappropriately. My then (Now Ex husband....Why Ex huh??? LOL.) also had many reasons for concern because of what he witnessed. The mongrel brother was just asked to not "be alone" with any of the children because it was giving reason for Gossip. I was told to "shut up" too. I never did though. I paid shocking consequences because of it though. It led to marriage breakup and the complete breakup of my Family Unit. And in closing of this post I'd like to mention that my daughter is now 19 years old and her friend told me a few weeks ago that my daughter confided in her when they were bothe twelve years old that the brother I was concerned about and tried to get help from the elders about had in fact abused her friend. I know this girl and it's sickening to me because I tried so hard to get her parents to not ever leave her alone with this brother. My warnings fell on deaf braindead ears though.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Sister Tasm,

Thanks for having the courage to register here and post. Now that you've done it once, it ain't so bad, is it?

Anyway, we welcome you aboard and join the crowd of posters from downunder!

Were you the sister who phoned Jim Donald after the programme aired today? If so, Jim and I urge you to contact the team at Channel Nine that will be most interested in your experience. Here's the contact numbers:

Kirstine Lumb
    Ph: 02 9965 2477
    Fx: 02 9965 2487
    Mb: 0404004307
    [email protected]

They're really nice people!

Cheers, Ozzie

• avengers
    avengers

Hey all you there down under in the land of Oz.

Congratulations !! Keep up the good work. Everybody in the world including the Rank and File should know the deep dark secrets of the Watchtower.

"There's nothing secret that shall not be revealed."

Don't they even know their own scriptures??

• Gopher
    Gopher

I can only add a "good job" to those in Australia who are fighting to make things safer for children in the world of JW's.

It is saddening that the same sad tale of abuse and coverup continues to play out whereever on the globe one looks. And yet on the flip side, finally the truth about the seamy underside about Watchtower life is being exposed, and governments the world over are beginning to express serious concern.

Go silentlambs go!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Gopher,

Thanks for those comments about the "Silent Witnesses". (Silentlambs is not something that has taken off in Oz.)

I think it needs to be said that the motive of the TV network and those involved is not just with JWs. We are concerned for the whole community, of which Dubs, whether they like it or not, are a part. Thus, when this type of injustice and wickedness takes place within the Dub community, all the community needs to be concerned. The rule of law in Australia is for all. The Dubs cannot exclude themselves from it. Since their leaders have done just that, then they need to be brought to account. That's where the TV program has played its part.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit