Coming Out Party! Who Wants To Join Me?

by Funchback 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Funchback
    Funchback

Hi, all!

I am officially retiring my other two personas (Mister Biggs and Mister 8iggs). Quick history: I chose Biggs because I am a huge fan of Ronald Isley (and his brothers). I initially added 8iggs because I went over my quota for posts one day. Then, Simon added rules about us not having multiple IDs. So, I rarely used 8iggs. But, with the approach of the 9/11 anniversary, I wanted to save my 911th post under Biggs and use it to do a tribute to 9/11. Now that 9/11 has passed, I am done posting with Biggs and 8iggs.

Why the change?

Because I am no longer concerned (or scared) to be who I really am: Brian Funches from Philly, PA. As an idividual, it is my God-given right to be able to question things; to be able to vent my feelings; to express my viewpoint on a certain matter; to agree or disagree; These are things that the WTBTS frown upon. On the one hand, we as JWs are taught not to put our trust in men. Then, on the other hand, we are told not to question anything the Society does or the decisions they make. JWs are expected to give full allegiance to the old men in Brooklyn. If you question their integrity, their motivation, or their actions then they view you as going against the Almighty himself. You will be disciplined according to their rules. Does giving them blind devotion and full faith negate the aformentioned scripture to not put your trust in men? It certainly does.

As of today (9/18/2002), I am one of JWs. I attend most meetings. However, very soon, that will no longer continue. I was only continuing to go because of my love for my wife. The time has now arrived for my wife to understand that, even though I am attending meetings, my heart is no longer into it. I am not going out of love for my Creator. If I decide to worship God it has to be out of love...not out of fear that, if I don't go to the meetings, God (Jehovah) will destroy me.

So, for all of you who are scared/nervous/worrying that the WTBTS is cracking down on those "leaking" information and that they might "discover" who you are....DON'T BE SCARED! Don't let them control your life to the point where you no longer think for yourself. If you believe in God then use your God-given conscience instead of your Watchtower manipulated conscience. None of us on this Board should be afraid of who we really are. Don't misunderstand me...I know that, for a variety of reasons, many of you choose to remain anonymous. I also know that it may take some of you a long time (months and months) before you feel comfortable "coming out". Hopefully, this post will encourage you.

If you consider yourself free from the chains of the Watchtower: Shout your name and say it loud...

"I'm free from the iron thumb of the Watchtower and I'm proud!"

Edited by - Funchback on 18 September 2002 12:3:31

• Jesika
    Jesika

How very inspiring!!!! Good for you and thank you for sharing.

Jesika Thoman--Dallas, Tx

• metatron
    metatron

A committee of elders has met and hereby sentences you to suffer
    heatstroke at Vet's Stadium next summer.

oops, I forgot, that applies to all other Witnesses in Phila except you.

metatron

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Welcome from the shadows into the light big dude.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Welcome Brian! A brave step you have taken here. I hope you can keep peace with your wife, and any other family.

Jeff Thomas

Carnation, WA

• Nikita
    Nikita

Leslie Funches formerly from Philly! Now in Maryland!

edited to add name!

Edited by - Nikita on 18 September 2002 14:38:38

• Mum
    Mum

Hi! I'm Sandra Gale Clark, Reno, Nevada, USA. I have a mom who fancies herself a JW, and the other dubs fancy her a "sister." I was a dub for 17 years, and every year of freedom is better than the last.

I've been thinking about coming out, even changing my screen name to my real name. Thanks for breaking the ice!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

hello Brian Funches from Philly PA

My husband was reading Crisis of Conscience a few months before I was, I had read about 2 chapters when I decided I could no longer go and listen to the hypocrites. Along with the date-line show, we both left at the same time. hope all works out for you guys.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Brian,

Hey there! Good for you! I've always enjoyed your posts. They're honest and often humorous. It's good to know we can be who we really are!!

My name has been in the profile since my first day on this board. Previous to that I was married and going to meetings, and my child's mother was still attending meetings. Now she too has seen the folly of much of what the JW's do.

So I have no reservations either in being happy to be whom I am, an ex-Witness. I guess for the most part only other ex-Witnesses can understand how this feels, this once-lonely place outside the WTS organization, but now in the company of so many others (evil apostates one and all --- haha).

Jeff Ritter

Minneapolis, MN

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{Brian}}} I also enjoy your posts...I am happy for you. I hope it all works out with your wife.

Tina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit