Are Born Agains qualified to help JW's?

by sleepy 64 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

Are Born Agains qualified to help JW's?

I don't think so.Sorry if you are one I have nothing against you personnally, nor JW's come to think of it, but offering your version of truth to JW's is for them to jump out of the frying pan into the fire.

The bible is the root of JW problems , and following that book in which ever way you wish will always be in error.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Amen, Sleepy!

Ken P.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Jumping from the arms of the Watchtower to the arms of Jesus.This is the title of an audio article on a web site.Just replace Watchtower and Jesus with frying pan and fire.(I like these funky letters)

• qwerty
    qwerty

Yes, Born again XJW's.

Qwerty.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Yeah, the BA's are more or less the same - you've gotta get your beliefs just right, or *bam* God is going to toast your ass.

toast your ass, JW definition: a humiliating, violent death at God's hands at the big A

toast your ass, BA definition: unending pain and torment in fiery hell, once again at God's hands

both are ridiculous.

• yucca
    yucca

the bible is not the problem. its listening to people who twist the scriptures and not checking the bible ourselves to see if what they say is true. thats how i got out of jws. i started reading the bible and not much of watchtower. i compared scriptures to what wt said. i asked questions why does the bible say this and you say that. thats symbolic or they could not answer to my satisfaction. i said one time they did not make sense. that goes over good. i started calling myself the forgotten sister.i felt like an out cast. so i disfellowshiped myself. i do believe its much harder for people raised in jw. plus their family is in. i was 40 when i got involved. but reading the bible not the witness bible can help everyone. god bless everyone god does love you yucca

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

The JW has been trained to flinch at the words "Lord Jesus." They reject the notion of mystery to explain the being of God. They believe ALL things can be understood with their high school educated minds and that Bible theologians and Hebrew/Greek scholars are morons. They have absolutely NO interest in going to heaven. They hate crosses, churches and all religious symbols. Yeah, old Boose Rutherford knew what he was doing alright.

• Xena
    Xena

I think when you leave the JW's you should examine all options open to you...BA is just another option. If some people want to find comfort in the scriptures, more power to them. At least the BA's don't require you to shun anyone who doesn't believe what you do.

I have conversed with several Christians who used to be JW's and have been very impressed with their liberal mindset. And I have conversed with several athiests who used to be JW's and been very UN-impressed with their biased mindset. ...*edited here to say* and visa versa. *end of edit* All depends on the person I suppose

My thoughts.........let everyone go to the devil their own way as long as they let me go mine

Edited by - Xena on 15 September 2002 11:26:5

• JT
    JT

there is very little difference when you look at the Bottom Line- which is my way of worship is right and if you don't accept it my Dad will Kill you-

with this as the foundation Bottom Line of most Belief System, once again we are back at that common thread- while true they both have different "Styles" Tell either one that you don't have to accept thier "Brand" of belief and see what your options are:

1. Good of Hell

2. Death at the hands of God right after the Great Tribulation

Most Major Belief systems play on fear, they start out with the God loves you routine, but if you don't listen to their sales pitch then their god will Kill your Black A$$.

while folks may dog those who perhaps have an athiestic viewpoint, at least the athiest see no need to 'INVOKE" the anger of the gods to get you to share their views, but we all know lots and lots of Belief Systems who rely on just that to get folks to share thier views

I mean who wants to be roasted like a marshmellow. it is indeed a pretty good tool i must concede

sorta like the stick and carrot routine in my view

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    At least the BA's don't require you to shun anyone who doesn't believe what you do.

It doesn't have to be a requirement. They do it gladly, freely, loudly, and with anger like i've never seen in another religion before. Including jws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit