Are Born Agains qualified to help JW's?

by sleepy 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

Come on plm, isn't that a generalization just like saying all JW's are EVIL???

I guess I just have a problem with ANYONE who says believe the way I do or you are.. stupid... or evil.. or going to die...regardless of what religion or lack thereof they embrace.

Sorry I quit seeing in black and white when I left the JW's

• DJ
    DJ

I feel that an XJW who is now a BA can help a struggling JW. I think it is practically impossible to help a JW if they don't want help. I also find it almost impossible for a BA who was never a JW to help a struggling JW.

lol....in other words I think that XJW'S are the best suited to help a jw. It depends on whether or not the person seeking help is still interested in the bible or not. If he is, then an XJW now BA can be extremely helpful. If they have lost all faith, then naturally an XJW now BA is just another lie to them. dj

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

I agree 100% with DJ

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I think that XJW'S are the best suited to help a jw. It depends on whether or not the person seeking help is still interested in the bible or not. If he is, then an XJW now BA can be extremely helpful. If they have lost all faith, then naturally an XJW now BA is just another lie to them.

DJ,

This is true, XJWs are in the best position. But are they Born Again? Perhaps, but not the way some think. The ones that drop the false teachings of the WT and start over from scratch as if they were a new born and learn for themselves what is truth may be. This is like a Jew giving up Judaism and converting to Christianity with an entirely different outlook on salvation along with a unique set of truths quite different from the ones held before. But the ones that give up WT teachings and embrace traditional doctrines embraced by another denomination are not. They just traded one set of false values for another set just as bad. They did not start over from scratch and establish what was truth on their own. For the truth is quite different from what is taught in nearly every denomination and few are finding it. And then there are the lazy ones that think such truth will never be found or the task is hopeless. They tend to ridicule scripture and cannot help JWs see the error of their ways for they are not in a position to help them. By their own admission they place themselves outside the faith.

Joseph

• DJ
    DJ

Nice to meetcha Alchemist!

Joseph, I am really sorry but I read your post twice and I'm still not quite certain what you mean. I find it a bit sad when people call others "born agains". Don't you? I mean as far as I've seen whether a person goes by the name Lutheran or Methodist or Presbyterian or Baptist or Non-denominational etc. they all have the same exact basic understanding of the gospel. Born again refers to the new life lived as a Christian and dying to the former ways. All Christians must be born again. I don't know why such a big deal is made about this phraseology. Christianity is born again believers who make up the body of Christ. Christians are followers of Christ...servants of Him......friends with Him. For the fist time in my life I can read the bible and see perfectly clearly what it says!!!! I admit I do not get all of it but I am absolutely and positively sure that I am being slowly fed like a baby. I do not need the teachings of man...the holy spirit teaches me. I am not so wonderful that the holy spirit teaches me.....I just asked and it was given to me.....UNBELIEVABLE!! I wish for everyone the faith to ask and receive. It brings such peace to my soul. This world has it's hard times but I still have this inside peace and hope that dwells in me. The wt never gave me anything close!

I think that a lot of people confuse Born Again with a denomination. It is what Christianity is. I can only think of a few cults who would disagree with that.I may have to duck some punches here but it's what the bible teaches. Oh heck, I'm ready...............yikes! dj

• barry
    barry

My understanding of a 'born again' is of christians who beleive you can be only born again if you speak in tongues. In reality all christians are born again and have the holy spirit regardless of whether they talk that baby talk. Barry

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Barry,

That is a weird thought. Even Paul declared that not all have the same gift. I agree that all Christians are born again. That's my point. If you ask most Christians if they are born again the answer would be yes. I think that if someone declares that you are not born again because you don't speak in tongues is absurd. Crazies are everywhere.........eh? dj

• barry
    barry

DJ its not a thought its a fact some tongue speakers but not all think along those lines and see it even as a evidence of salvation.As you say tongue speaking whatever it is is a gift but some see it as a gift all christians should have..Barry

• Parousia
    Parousia

I feel bad that some of us have left such a bad taste in the mouth.... As a former JW and now a BA, I apologize for my fellows BA's lack of love and grace.

I personally had a problem with this whole born-again concept until I realized Who I was arguing with.... Wasn't it Jesus who coined the phrase "born-again?"

Jesus said in John 3:3,7,8, "Most truly I say to you, unless anyone is born again, he can see the kingdom of God.... Do not marvel because I told you, you must be born-again. The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it come from and where it is going. So is everyone who is born of the spirit." NWT

Notice Jesus explains why and how a few verses later, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotton Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." NWT

And, yes, I've seen some loving BA's really touch the lives of some hurting JW's, and they weren't EXJW's either. BA's can help JW's if they do it like Jesus did ... and aren't afraid to wash some feet.

Fell and Landed

• JT
    JT

Parousia you made this comment:

"I personally had a problem with this whole born-again"

@@@@@@@@@@@

What caused you not to have a problem with this concept?

you mentioned that you were a former jw- personally i have a difficult time trying to understand why a person after being part of a group that viewed others outside of them on the road to destruction, why would you now join another group that views folks outside of them AKA: Not born again/non-christian on the road to destruction as well.

There is just something about a Belief System to me that condemns another man or woman who doesn't share there belief- i mean even among BA there are those who condemn others for being to "Soft" .

I point blank asked a BA what would happen to the billions of folks who don't buy into his viewpoint of how the Divine one wants to be worshipped. and his response was HELL IS A WAITING FOR THEM

Do you share that view as well that "Hell is a waiting for them"?

after he said i could have sworn i was talking to a JW.

just trying to understand what makes a person leave one group that cast off everyone except them as loss and then join another group that does the exact same thing

just trying to understand the mindset of you and others who share this view?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit