Are Born Agains qualified to help JW's?

by sleepy 64 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

DJ, Just read your story here. It is great to know a little more about you. I am curious. Is deprogramming effective in your experience? I have often wondered. I don't believe any one approach works for all people - we are all so different. Also, an aggressive, frontal attack to shock people out of their dream seems to me to have the potential to be more damaging than helpful.

It took a while for me to respond to this thread, because of the way it was worded. I want to be sure I am clear on what I beleive myself, when I respond to something like this. I think it is kind of funny that the thread has attracted a group of Christians with disparate beliefs over the last few days, yet we all share some things in common as well.

Thank God for variety. I have wondered what the WTS has to say about the candlesticks, tribes, and stars in Revelation. These always spoke to me of God's understanding that variety is accepted and expected within the Christian community. I laughed out loud when I read the WTS interpretation that the advice to the seven churches at the beginning of Revelation are all addressed to the anointed brothers at Bethel.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Hi, DJ;

Yeah, Fran's a cool guy. We hung out together a lot at the St. Louis conference last April and had a really good time. I'll look forward to meeting you at WNFJ.

Which story on exjws.com is yours?

• DJ
    DJ

Hi jgnat,

I think that picture is so kewl! Where was that taken and what is that place? It looks like you're actually looking at the earth's shape.

As to the deprogramming question.... I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Personally my 'deprogramming' was achieved thru prayer and bible study and atleast listening to what others believed. This took a total of 5 to 6 years because I had to re-learn practically everything. The fear is mainly what causes the closed mind. I was taught for many years, even as a kid that the jw's were the only ones with the truth. The ramifications of being taught that mainstream christianity is from satan is absolutely paralyzing to the concept of an open mind. I was debilitated emotionally which the affects your physically health. It was without a doubt the most difficult thing that I ever experienced in my life. When you read my story, I guess you saw some of the other traumatic events in my life but leaving the jw's was the worst. Hard to believe but true. It is that awful.

As far as the 'aggressive against a person's will' type of deprogramming, I'm clueless. It certainly does not sound like the right approach. I suppose in some cases it would be helpful. To me, this is spiritual warfare and big time~ maybe the end justifies the means in this situation. I'm not sure. I am aware of books written by Stephen Hassan who was a Moonie and now he helps deprogram people but I am not sure that he would agree with agression being used. You can find his books here www.freeminds.org also I believe they have intervention groups forming with Randy Watters and Stephen Hassan. Check it out. In my heart of hearts I hope that your b/f can be set free soon. love, dj

• DJ
    DJ

Madman,

It's at www.exjws.net Then click on "Pioneers" it is the first story.......my name is Donna..........................................................or click on the word "here" on jgnat's last post on this thread...I have no idea how she did that! Take care! dj

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am glad you like my picture. It is a photo above the treeline, on Mount Moosilauke (4,802'), NH.
    If you click on the photo, it will take you to the TRUDGE website. I wanted to jazz up my response a little, so I did a google search for TRUDGE and found it.

About deprogramming. I associate that with the few examples shown on TV, where cult members are kidnapped by "rescuers" and bombarded with information in a motel room. That kind of in-and-out type of "rescue" seems dangerous to me. It sounds like that did not happen to you, nor most of the people here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit