Are Born Agains qualified to help JW's?

by sleepy 64 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Trot,

I agree with you and experience every single thing that you said. Isn't that amazing when you consider the fact that no man taught me. Call it coincidence? Not likely, I'd call it amazing grace. He has changed my heart from one of stone to one of flesh. Now, if you knew me before....you would know that you've seen a miracle. The works, aka good deeds flow from a new nature that is full of love. It is not any longer trying to live up to someone's standards but a sheer desire to love and show it. The wt was the worst mistake of my life. Then again, who knows....maybe their hate drove me straight into the arms of Christ. Wouldn't that be weird, I guess that is one way that God works all things for good~~~~~kewl again. In Christ, dj

• JT
    JT

Plm says:

"And the Hell Fire doctrine was very much a part of their belief."

i could not agree more - in fact my exp has been much like your THE MORE BORN AGAIN THEY ARE THE MORE HELL THEY GOT FOR THOSE WHO DON'T ACCEPT THIER BELIEF SYSTEM.

It would be interesting to see how many Real Born Agains we actually have posting, I have read a number of post on this thread of those claiming to be, but my question to any and all who would answer.

Are you willing to go on record stating that for those of us here on this site who don't accept your Belief System Hell is our fate?

thanks

• DJ
    DJ

Hi JT,

I can wholeheartedly tell you that at this point in my life I'm not really sure what hell is. I don't know if it is just non-exsistence or fiery torment or an awareness that you are separated from God forever. I have been away from the wt for 7 years and only fairly recently (3 yrs.)? have become a Christian. I don't know the answer to your question. To tell you the truth, I am not totally comfortable with humans who say that they have all of the answers. I just know that my personal salvation was bought and paid for by Christ. I am sure of what I do believe and I'm ok with the fact that I don't know everything. It took me a long time to become content with the fact that I didn't get it all.....I found comfort in reading a verse in Psalms that said.."Be Still and Know that I Am God" I guess He's in charge and I was sort of relieved to realize that He is even in charge of what I know now and what I have yet to learn. luv, dj

• sleepy
    sleepy

Sorry BA's you're just as mislead as JW's.Fancy following the words of men you've never met and who died thousands of years ago with no proof of their truthfulness, and leading your life by it.Thats no different from following men in Brooklyn.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Amen to DJ's Post!
    --------------------

sleepy said:

Sorry BA's you're just as mislead as JW's.Fancy following the words of men you've never met and who died thousands of years ago with no proof of their truthfulness, and leading your life by it.Thats no different from following men in Brooklyn.

I completely disagree with you on this.

There is a MAJOR DIFFERENCE.

The Watchtower Society CONTROLS PEOPLE'S LIVES!

Christians have FREEDOM IN CHRIST, check out this Thread for more on CHRISTIAN FREEDOM: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36171&site=3

ANYONE can claim to be a Christian, but the following is THE DEFINITION OF A TRUE CHRISTIAN (FOLLOWER OF CHRIST):

1st John 4:7: Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is Born of God, and knows God.
    1st John 4:8: He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
    1st John 4:9: By this was God's love revealed in us, that God has sent His One and Only Son into the world that we might live through Him.
    1st John 4:10: In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son as the Atoning Sacrifice for our sins.
    1st John 4:11: Beloved, if God loved us in this way, we also ought to love one another.
    1st John 4:12: No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God remains in us, and His love has been perfected in us.
    1st John 4:13: By this we know that we remain in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
    1st John 4:14: We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as the Savior of the world.
    1st John 4:15: Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God remains in him, and he in God.
    1st John 4:16: We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is Love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
    1st John 4:17: In this love has been made perfect among us, that we may have boldness in the Day of Judgment, because as He is, even so are we in this world.
    1st John 4:18: There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear has punishment. He who fears is not made perfect in love.
    1st John 4:19: We love Him, because He first loved us.
    1st John 4:20: If a man says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who doesn't love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
    1st John 4:21: This Commandment we have from Him, that he who loves God should also love his brother.

John 13:34: A New Commandment I give to you, that you love one another, just like I have loved you; that you also love one another.
    John 13:35: By this everyone will know that you are My Disciples, if you have love for one another."

John 15:9: Even as the Father has loved Me, I also have loved you. Remain in My love.
    John 15:10: If you keep My Commandments, you will remain in My love; even as I have kept My Father's Commandments, and remain in His love.
    John 15:11: I have spoken these things to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be made full.
    John 15:12: "This is My Commandment, that you love one another, even as I have loved you.
    John 15:13: No one has greater love than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

1st John 3:23: This is His Commandment, that we should believe in the Name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, even as He commanded.
    1st John 3:24: He who keeps His Commandments remains in Him, and He in him. By this we know that He remains in us, by the Spirit which He gave us.

Ephesians 5:1: Be therefore imitators of God, as beloved children.
    Ephesians 5:2: Walk in love, even as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an Offering and a Sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling fragrance.

1st Thessalonians 4:9: But concerning brotherly love, you have no need that one write to you. For you yourselves are taught by God to love one another

Galatians 5:6: For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision amounts to anything, nor uncircumcision, but Faith working through love.

Galatians 5:22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
    Galatians 5:23: gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

1st Corinthians 13:1: If I speak with the languages of men and of angels, but don't have love, I have become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal.
    1st Corinthians 13:2: If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all Faith, so as to remove mountains, but don't have love, I am nothing.
    1st Corinthians 13:3: If I dole out all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but don't have love, it profits me nothing.
    1st Corinthians 13:4: Love is patient and is kind; love doesn't envy. Love doesn't brag, is not proud,
    1st Corinthians 13:5: doesn't behave itself inappropriately, doesn't seek its own way, is not provoked, takes no account of evil;
    1st Corinthians 13:6: doesn't rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
    1st Corinthians 13:7: bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1st Corinthians 13:13: But now Faith, hope, and love remain -- these three. The greatest of these is love.

Matthew 22:36: "Teacher, which is the Greatest Commandment in the Law?"
    Matthew 22:37: Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
    Matthew 22:38: This is the First and Great Commandment.
    Matthew 22:39: A second likewise is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
    Matthew 22:40: The whole Law and the Prophets depend on these Two Commandments."

Colossians 3:12: Put on therefore, as God's elect, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, humility, and perseverance;
    Colossians 3:13: bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, if any man has a complaint against any; even as Christ forgave you, so you also do.
    Colossians 3:14: Above all these things, walk in love, which is the bond of perfection.

1st Thessalonians 3:12: and the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we also do toward you,
    1st Thessalonians 3:13: to the end He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the Coming of our Lord Jesus with all His Saints.

Romans 12:9: Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor that which is evil. Cling to that which is good.

Romans 13:8: Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.
    Romans 13:9: For the Commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not give false testimony," "You shall not covet," and whatever other Commandments there are, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
    Romans 13:10: Love doesn't harm a neighbor. Love therefore is the fulfillment of the Law.

1st John 3:14: We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. He who doesn't love his brother remains in death.
    1st John 3:15: Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life remaining in him.
    1st John 3:16: By this we know love, because He laid down His Life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
    1st John 3:17: But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and closes his heart of compassion against him, how does the love of God remain in him?
    1st John 3:18: My little children, let's not love in word only, neither with the tongue only, but in deed and truth.

1st Corinthians 10:24: Let no one seek his own, but each one his neighbor's good.

1st Corinthians 16:14: Let all that you do be done in love.

Matthew 5:43: "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor, and hate your enemy.'
    Matthew 5:44: But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you,
    Matthew 5:45: that you may be children of your Father who is in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
    Matthew 5:46: For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Don't even the tax collectors do the same?
    Matthew 5:47: If you only greet your friends, what more do you do than others? Don't even the tax collectors do the same?
    Matthew 5:48: Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in Heaven is perfect.

Romans 12:14: Bless those who persecute you; bless, and don't curse.

Romans 12:20: Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him a drink. For in doing so, you will heap coals of fire on his head."
    Romans 12:21: Don't be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

James 1:27: Pure Religion and undefiled before our God and Father is this: to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

Galatians 5:14: For the whole Law is fulfilled in one Word, in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

James 2:8: However, if you fulfill the Royal Law, according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well.

Matthew 7:12: Therefore whatever you desire for men to do to you, you shall also do to them; for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Even if you do not believe in God or Christ, can ANYONE possibly argue that it is NOT a good thing to lead your life according to what Jesus taught about love?

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 16 September 2002 6:59:57

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

JT said:

Are you willing to go on record stating that for those of us here on this site who don't accept your Belief System Hell is our fate?

First of all, I think that there are definitely people out there who claim to be "Born Again Christians" who judge others way too much.

JUDGING is going to be done by JESUS CHRIST, it is HIS DECISION on where a person ends up going:

John 5:22: For the Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son,
    John 5:23: so that all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. The one not honoring the Son does not honor the Father who has sent Him.
    John 5:24: Truly, truly, I say to you, The one who hears My Word, and believes the One who has sent Me, has everlasting life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.
    John 5:25 Truly, truly, I say to you that an hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and the ones hearing will live.
    John 5:26: For even as the Father has life in Himself, so He gave also to the Son to have life in Himself.
    John 5:27: And He also gave authority to Him to execute judgment, for He is the Son of Man.
    John 5:28: Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming in which all those in the tombs will hear His voice.
    John 5:29: And they will come out, the ones having done good into a resurrection of life; and the ones having practiced evil into a resurrection of judgment.

Here is what JESUS said about Christians judging people:

Matthew 7:1: Do not judge, that you may not be judged;
    Matthew 7:2: for with whatever judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with whatever measure you measure, it will be measured again to you.

• sleepy
    sleepy

UnDisfellowshipped
    You're still following men, just in a different way.If what the bible says is not true you are still living a lie.

• DJ
    DJ

You're still following men, just in a different way.If what the bible says is not true you are still living a lie.

Hi Sleepy,

For me, the only 'man' I follow is Christ. luv, dj

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

D'ya think that maybe the question itself is very "dubbish"?

What's with this "qualified" business?

The Dub mindset can still influence us years after we've ceased associating, that is, unless something else has taken its place.

Having made that point, I'd have to agree that it takes a Dub (even an ex-Dub) to know a Dub. No-one else can fully understand the mindset.

Cheers, Ozzie

• sleepy
    sleepy

"D'ya think that maybe the question itself is very "dubbish"?"

No.I'm just thinking of the blind leading the blind.No one is "qualified" but at least some are not so blind, they in my opinion are those who see through the bible for what it is, the work of men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit