WHAT KEEPS YOU HERE?

by plmkrzy 51 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I figure that Larc and Eman got to croak sometime. And Waiting will move on If I hang on long enuff. When those things happen, I'll be a couple steps closer to being the "god" of JW com. All i got to do then is get around Simon the Pie Mans supreme authority.

MWA haha!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

What's this, R.F.? Are you claiming to be the younger man? Or just fitter?

Better get a better pic, old son.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Dia
    Dia

Honestly, I recently read, 'The Orwellian World of JWs' and I read through the part about Charles T. Russell and I thought, 'That guy was psychotic!'

Always being fascinated with the behavior of people in groups, I now have something new to add.

Okay, I had formerly recognized that JWs can be divided into 2 groups: Those who 'found' it somehow and joined it. And those who were raised in it, often against their will.

Now, after reading that piece, I can add the discovery of two more classes: Many JWs are psychotic or leaning towards psychosis and many, many, many others are EXTREMELY naive and trusting. (It's almost like the 'battered woman syndrome')

After this new realization, I'm beginning to feel like I need to spend less time here. 'What's the point?'

HOWEVER, I will definitely stay through the march.

I am HOPING Bill Bowen finds - or starts - another religion. He is such a leader and there are so many blinded people walking behind these guys. It's so pitiful. I am so hoping he gives up this idea of 'reform' and really strikes out on his own (with help).

Always, I appreciate the insights I get from others.

And I stand ready to attack JWs and to stand up for the rights of children, whom they readily destroy.

Meanwhile I am just waiting, waiting, waiting for people like the people here to get together - in the flesh.

For these little 'apostofests' to become more common so one would happen near me so I might actually be able to go. I think I would like that.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I am HOPING Bill Bowen finds - or starts - another religion.

Here we go again!

No, Dia, this is not a remedy, unless you want to go down the Watchtower path. In which case, you might as well continue as a Dub.

The very thing many have gained freedom from, i.e. the organisation, is what you're wishing for!

Think again...please.

Cheers, Ozzie

• docpalo
    docpalo

Heavens NO! Not another religion! We have enough of them. I don't think Bill Bowen would even think of that. I had a good laugh at a previous post where someone said they can think they are talking to Jesus on this list and not be considered whacked. I can agree with that line of thinking. Queenie knows me and I am whacked. ha ha. But I am doing better now, I have stopped wearing my tin foil hat so I don't hear the voices of Russell and Drunken Joe echo in my head. Instead I let my answering machine take those calls. It's sort of funny, Rutherford keeps saying, "give me a bourbon neat." Now there I go, talking crazy and I just finished my days stint as an intern at a substance abuse clinic. But then after being a JW for 40 years I guess I can fit into any setting that doesn't deal in reality. Peace!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    But then after being a JW for 40 years I guess I can fit into any setting that doesn't deal in reality. Peace!

Is that some kind of insult?

• docpalo
    docpalo

It is not an insult if you have been through what I have been through. I have seen some pretty wierd things in those years. But then I can write a book about them. Ask me a specific question and I'll answer it. Do I think the JW mentality is slightly off kilter? Yes without a doubt. I think that any religion that isolates itself from the outside and has an under siege mentality is not healthy. I go to sites like this to keep up with the goings on in both the Witness world and what my fellow ex JWs are thinking, doing and saying. The reason I keep up with the JWs is that I still have family that are captives of theirs and I like to know what is happening to them. I have given up arguing with active JWs, it is a monumental waste of time. From what I am seeing the Watchtower is digging their own grave without any help from me. ie: Silent Lambs, The UN membership, owning stock in a defense manufacturing company etc.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What keeps me here? I`d have to say it`s the fried baloney sandwich`s....LOL...OUTLAW

• docpalo
    docpalo

Fried Baloney sandwhiches? Good for your waistline! As long as you add mustard of BS, a garnish of half truths, a dollop of insincerity and place it between two slices of toasted mentality bread you've got a winner. Maybe Burger Death or McRottens will market the idea. They can call it the Armageddon Whopper or McWatchtower. Buy the value pack and you get some unlevened bread and a shot of wine to boot. For kiddie toys they give away toy figurines of JWs dressed to go in service and for the bad guys they have a DFed individual dressed in sack cloth with play stones for a imaginary stoning. Hmmm, I think I'm on to something here.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What keeps me here? Someone decided to play a "funny" joke and super glued my feet to the floor.

Ha ha! Very funny! Now would someone please get me the solvent?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit