WHAT KEEPS YOU HERE?

by plmkrzy 51 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I second the "catharsis" post

When you're in the WT, you feel like you're the only one who is thinking "this religion just don't quite seem right!"

So nice to be able to share experiences with others who were able to unplug from the collective

*sniff* Simon, I love you man

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Not to worry, Ozzie.

I can't go without my zzzz's. I have my routine. Get up at six, go to work. Get home from work at 5:30. Converse with hubby about our "day". Check the Forum and email, fix dinner, check the Forum and email, wash dishes, check the Forum and email. Talk to hubby and relax with television or reading. Off to bed by 10:00. Usually read for another 30 min to one hour. Put on my "Gentle Rain" CD, and fall asleep and dream.

Then I wake up at six and do it all over again. By the way, I have never had to set an alarm of any kind. I just tell myself the time I want to get up right before falling asleep, and that's when I awaken. It's always worked really well.

Well, just about time for that "hubby/TV/relax" mode now. But, things are a bit different right now, as we are "on call" for the new grandson's arrival ANY TIME.

Sentinel

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Oh So many great responses! WoW.

About the "Laughing at the WT" comment. Even though I had been out for quite a while (but not completely yet) when I first came here, and even though I was already (and had been for some time) finding myself disagreeing with so many things written in the WT, I still felt un-easy about making jokes of the WT. Like it was sac religious or something. It took me a while to see the humor in it. I use to just think of it as "incorrect" But neverfunny.

Now of course I don't mind laughing at some of the stuff in it. It is funny. And sad.

Did anyone else experience "delayed reaction" to the humor of it all?

There's a lot of talk about 'closure' at the moment and I suppose the fact that I had not met any x-witnesses since my disfellowshipping 9 years ago was really preventing my progress.

Gee when I read that comment I paused and read it again. That is so true. When you're out and no one wants to associate w/you any longer its like being put out into the wilderness but a wilderness full of all these people. And what the heck are you suppose to talk about? Besides the weather and nothin? I've been "out in the world" a long time off and on and met lots of people over the years but it isn't quite the same. There was always something missing like a void and no way to fill it.

This place is like an oasis when you have been wondering (wandering) in the wilderness for a while. Why would anyone want to leave?

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

I keep checking back because I hope to find threads such as this one

• minimus
    minimus

Where else could we go for sayings of everlasting life?

• Mac
    Mac

People like you, Plum, people like you!

• larc
    larc

Hillary, me and my wife are doing well. Right next to me is a book, Great Masters of French Impressionism. It is one of our favorites.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Karen,

***By the way, I have never had to set an alarm of any kind. I just tell myself the time I want to get up right before falling asleep, and that's when I awaken. It's always worked really well***

I thought I was the only one! I do the very same thing, it drives my lady crazy. For many years now I have set my internal clock for 5:00am. About four months ago I chose 5:30, she just now adjusted the coffee pot to my new time....I kept telling her I had to turn the coffee on manually.

Iam a believer.

Danny

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I've got nowhere else to go

Beck

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

awww Mac ur a real sweetie

Beck your needed hear anyway. HUGS

Edited by - plmkrzy on 12 September 2002 3:58:0

Share this