WHAT KEEPS YOU HERE?

by plmkrzy 51 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Most of us probably got here the same way. Either surfing the net using key words Jehovah"

Or someone we know told us about it.

I found this place after logging on to Watchers of the Watch Tower.

Didn't intend to ever post, would just occasionally click on the site and read some posts.

Then one thing led to another and so on. Even after I finally logged on and posted I did not intend to hang around very long.

In the first place I figured I would eventually get chased off. This place was a lot more hostile last year. I hesitated for a long time before posting then I couldn't NOT post any longer.

I'm guessing it was fairly similar to that with the majority. Don't really know. But what I really wonder about is when I see so many posters who have been apart of forums such as this for a number of years, WHAT KEEPS YOU HERE?

OR do a lot of you post just as much on other forums and for just as long?

plum

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Go on, admit it, plum, you can't keep away, can you?

We're glad you stayed, though.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Prisca
    Prisca

Are you trying to tell us that there are OTHER sites on the web besides this????

• Nikita
    Nikita

I don't knowwwwww!!!!!!!!!! I think that Simon has some kind of "hypnotic" software running that keeps me coming back hour after hour, day after day!!!

Seriously, I came to check things out after Mr. Biggs told me about this site, didn't think I'd start posting, but one day when he was sharing his story, I started. Don't know if I'll ever stop!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

aww tanks ozzie

Prisca You didn't know!! LOL

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    didn't think I'd start posting, but one day when he was sharing his story, I started. Don't know if I'll ever stop!

It seems like as soon as you cross that line theres no stopping!

Like Lays Patatoe Chips

• waiting
    waiting

Lol...........why I stay here, sometimes in spite of commonsense?

Just click Active and look at Page 1. ALL KINDS of threads to chose from.......

There's no where else with the variety of information, news releases/articles, jokes, seriousness, sexiness, etc., etc.

Good Place.

waiting

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

It's cathartic to me...and I believe many of us...to be amongst those who have suffered as we have and who share what nobody on the outside could POSSIBLY understand.

Main Entry: catharsis
    Pronunciation: k&-'thr-s&s
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural catharses /-"sEz/
    Etymology: New Latin, from Greek katharsis, from kathairein to cleanse, purge, from katharos
    Date: circa 1775
    1 : PURGATION
    2 a : purification or purgation of the emotions (as pity and fear) primarily through art b : a purification or purgation that brings about spiritual renewal or release from tension
    3 : elimination of a complex by bringing it to consciousness and affording it expression

Pronunciation Key

2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
    Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

As the song goes: "It's oh, so ....subliminal..."

Just can't help myself. I know my friends are here and I want to be where they are. It's like there's this ever constant open-ended communication going on, day and night. That is a significant source of comfort and hope.

This is home.

Sentinel

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

That's nice, Sentinel, but don't miss out on your sleep, ya hear!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit