In there no good in the WTBTS??? or ourselves??

by jst2laws 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

Normie,
    where is it written that this work(which is unscriptural to begin with) must be timed and tracked? Where is this format commanded in the bible? Tina

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Tina:

Somewhere in the book of Numbers, perhaps.

Anyway, this stuff is soon to be "old light". God, after all, is not impressed with statistics....

Expatbrit

• Tina
    Tina

lol yeah numbers...........wink,T

• normie67
    normie67

TINA,

Nowhere inthe scrips is there a Command to coun time!! the reason for this is toTrack the WORLDWIDE WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

normie

• Norm
    Norm

Normie67

said:

I thought preaching about Living Forever on a Paradise Earth was Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    normie
    Sure, it must be wonderful news to those 6 billion people who is getting butchered by "Jehovah" because they didn't buy the WTBTS nonsense. Don't you always feel happy when large numbers of people get killed?

Hitler also believed that a new millennium would dawn just as soon as he had exterminated all the Jews and other "subhumans". Pol Pot thought he had to kill everyone with an education, then things would be wonderful.

Why does it always seem to be neccessary to exterminate huge numbers of people to make some other people happy?

Have you ever stopped to think about what you say?

Norm.

• Tina
    Tina

Normie,
    It's not scriptural,you said. So then why is tracking needed?
    And do you deny that these field service numbers are pivotal to ones position in a cong.?
    Aren't these numbers used to classify who is 'strong' and who is weak? Is this how Jesus said one would know his brothers?
    WHo made this up? Men did. What did Jesus say about the commands of men.
    Who created the class system of pioneers,publishers,CO's,DO.etc....this isn't scriptural,but created by men.
    What does it say in the bible about those who add or subtract to/from the scriptures......
    Think about who you're actually following...tina

• RR
    RR

Personally, I believe that most of the rank and file among the Jehovah's Witnesses are sincere, for that matter, I believe the rank and file within the Watchtower Society are sincere. However, as in most, there are some who are not sincere, who are power hungry.

I believe that at the rsik of losing much, the Society under its current administration will not change much.

It seems that too often they like to test the market, introduce a little chnage, make it unnoticeable and see if anyone bites, if the results are positivem then they proceed, negative, they stop.

Of course, too much change will cause a schism and I don't think the powers that be will want another Worldwide Church of God on their hands, where the powers that be made such drastic changes [embracing orthodoxy] that they lost more than 60 percent of their members, financially strapped, they had to sell buildings and universities.

Of course, such weeding out can cause good effects too, those who leave to continue the old ways, may cause those who left because of the "old ways" to return to the "new ways", making them stronger.

Personally, the Society could crumble and fall, and I could care less, my faith is in Jesus, not with man made organizations!

• promqueennot
    promqueennot

Jst2laws,

--But who else among major religious organizations taught us to take a stand against participation in the worlds carnage such as world war. --

I guess I see the carnage caused by the borg's misinterpretation of the bible.

Some of mistakes could be considered grave mistakes (e.g., how many have died refusing blood transfusions, how many died when organ implants were not permitted, what about when kidney dialysis was wrong, etc.). I only know of a few religions who interfere with the medical decision making of their members in which are particularly life-threatening. For me, there are too many lives lost and deep life-long scars caused by the misinterpretations of the borg for me to overlook to see the good (I have heard that Jeffrey Dahmer was a likable guy). Have they admitted wrong, apologized and compensated the families of lives lost?

I guess I only remember when they would practically claim they were perfect and expect practical perfection of their members. I was the “perfect” JW kid, but nothing I did was perfect enough and even after 11 years of being out, I still expect perfection of myself to the point that it is terribly unhealthy. Should I overlook the scars left to see the good -- maybe when I receive an apology then maybe I can forgive and forget, but I have not seen an apology.

Does JW look for the good in those who do not believe in what they teach? Do JWs look for the good in apostates? Let's see JWs lead the way into accepting others beliefs and faults and find the good in these people. Let's see them admit to their faults and apologize for the pain they have caused.

Should we overlook their control through fear as well?

I have a question for you:
    I would like to know who are they to decide for individuals on whether to follow the bible in the view that life is valuable versus abstaining from blood? See, by not taking blood, you are saying that life is not valuable enough to use modern advances to preserve life. Therefore, how do you know which is more looked down upon by God: not valuing life enough to save through a blood transfusion or having a blood transfusion? Does the bible say that those who eat or partake in blood will not inherit His kingdom? Whether or not the bible intends for us to abstain from blood or not, clearly God expects us to value life, so how do we know which one should be more punishable, if they should even be punishable? Who are we to judge?

Do you have family? I hope you truly examine their beliefs, especially the medical ones. You never know when you might be put into a situation of deciding. I for one would want to be very educated before making a life or death decision of a family member.

I think the major problems I have with the JW religion is the control through fear, the injustice to those with their own beliefs wanting out of the religion, the medical issues and their practically claimed perfection. From my experience, the religion is more political than most other religions as well.

Take care,
    Monica

Edited by - promqueennot on 24 March 2001 19:39:36

• ICHING
    ICHING

N67 & 2Laws - hi

a question:

do you believe that the WTBTS is GODs earthly organisation and that belonging to that organisation is according to the bible one's only means of salvation?

if your answer is yes - enjoy.

if your answer is no - you are of course aware then - that this very organisation whose "truths" "achievments" and "accomplishments" you are investing so much effort in defending - will have you out on the street - on your ass - DF'd - the moment they ever find out you've been posting your independently thought out opinions on them on this APOSTATE (ie non wtbts authorised, non wtbts approved) site?

thats the loyalty they will show in return for yours to them -

think about it

I-CHING

PS: not meaning to be rude but please -

do not respond with some glib second hand regurgitated piece of man made

wtbts policy/procedure/regulation/theocratic law/butchered "biblical" "reasoning"

because it means nothing to me - thanks

• Farkel
    Farkel

normie67,

Sigh.

: js2law......interesting post. I thought I might respond to it. I feel EXACTLY as you do.How can you totally reject the Org when it tries to to spread the Good News!!!

I think 6 billion ever-so-soon-to-be slaughtered humans would not really want to call it good news. They won't have much time to sing praises to that there "Good News" with their guts spattered everywhere and dubs climbing all over their mangled bodies and the mangled bodies of their little babies to take over their homes and cars. When you will ever learn this simple fact about the JW religion?: the Good News is ONLY good for those in your religion. It's is eternal death for everyone else, including innocent children.

: Yes the Good News IS different today. In the First Century the "Kingdom was in their midst" i.e Jesus.

Where did Jesus say there would be more than one kind of "Good News?" WHERE?

: But today the Kingdom is Established in 1914!!! Thats our message to people!!!

Some kingdom: 1) It's invisible without one shred of evidence that it was established. Nobody is aware of it but dubs. It hasn't done anything. It hasn't changed anything and all of it is INVISIBLE and so is the evidence! 2) Christ has being "reigning" now for 87 full years and we ain't seen squat from his reign. Almost four generations have been produced and we still ain't seen squat.

Just what EXACTLY are you celebrating?

Did you ever read my "1914 for Dummies?" Well, if not here it is. YOU explain how this idiotic drivel from Brooklyn gives any thinking person a reason to believe in 1914:

-------------------

"607 B.C." - the fundamental date critical to supporting the entire JW framework of prophetic chronology. This date, unique to only JWs, has been rejected by virtually EVERY other Bible historian and archeologist.

"1914" A.D. - the single most important date in JW doctrine, and is the result of using 607 B.C as an "anchor date", using the book of Daniel, Chapter 4, as proof.

This is based upon the following, simple reasoning:

7 "times" doesn't mean "7 times". It means "7 years".

But,"7 years" doesn't really mean 7 "years", either. It means "7 years of days".

But, the "days" in "years of days" doesn't really mean "years of days, in which the days actually mean "days", but means "years of days, in which the "days" actually mean "years".

Therefore, it is easy for even a fool to see that "7 times" REALLY means "7 years" but which really means "7 years of days", but which then really means "7 years of days which aren't really days, but years", or simply stated "7 years of days of which days are really years". To put it even so a child can understand it, it means that the "times" aren't "times" at all, but are "years", which aren't "years" at all, but are "years of days", which aren't "days" at all, but are "years" AFTER all, even though they were originally CALLED "times"!

Got all that? There's more.

Strangely, however, for all of this to work, this fulfillment, based upon an ANCIENT text, still requires the use of the ANCIENT calendar for the MODERN fulfillment to work out to 1914. Therefore, ancient text + ancient calendar = modern date in modern calendar.

When doing your calculations, don't forget that there is no "zero year" from B.C to A.D. C.T. Russell forgot that and was quite embarrassed about it. The official WTBS explanation in later, revised, editions of his books was that "the battery was very low in his calculator at that time" and he wasn't aware of it until after the material was printed.

Lastly, the book of Daniel was prophesied to remain "sealed" until the "last days", which, as we know, began in 1914, according to the simple reasoning just presented. So, Russell had to figure out a way to, somehow "unseal" Daniel before it was prophesied that Daniel WOULD be "unsealed" so he could then put forth a prophecy which pointed to exactly when Daniel WAS to be "unsealed", namely at the start of the "last days", in 1914. Russell, therefore, successfully used a "sealed" book to calculate the exact date it was to be "unsealed", which at that time it was officially, "unsealed", but Russell "unsealed" it before that, because he wanted to know beforehand when it WOULD be "unsealed", because only THEN would he know when the "last days" were to start, which was, of course, when Daniel actually WAS to be "unsealed". Got all that?

I apologize to the reader for using so many words, but, this stuff is so, well, "DEEP"!

-----------------

: Its interesting that nobody but nobody discusses the future of the Earth!!
    Most people are busy living and not busy dealing in fantasies.

: That was God's original purpose, Right?, for man to live forever on Earth???

Yeah? Why did he make sure he KILLed almost EVERYONE on the earth not that long after Eve met a talking snake? God of the Bible, more than any other creature that ever existed did more than any other creature that ever existed to make sure that more people were wiped off the earth than he ever did to make sure people stayed on the earth. If he didn't do it personally, he ordered it done. God of the Bible is bloodthirsty, period. He screwed up Cain because Cain didn't give him BLOOD. He made sure the Israelites were up-to-their arms in BLOOD sacrifices to HIM. And worse than all of that, he made sure his own son gave him that BLOOD and death that he craves so much. So much for your God "wanting" to have man live forever without that God getting his piles and piles of blood that he demands. For man to "live forever" on earth, God has to make sure the world suffers the greatest bloodbath in all of history, worse than any other bloodbath ever, and probably worse than all of them combined. THAT is the unvarnished truth about your "Good News."

: Despite wrong understandings in the Past the Org continues the Preaching work WORLDWIDE......The same message WORLDWIDE!!!!!

And just what is that message? "Believe what we say or God will slaughter you." "Join us or God will slaughter you." "Believe our ancient diaper-clad leaders even when they are totally goofy, or God will slaughter you." "Buy our books, or God will slaughter you." "Shun your children, and parents or any of your friends who disagree with what we say, or God will slaughter you." "Sell our books or God will slaughter you."

Some message.

: That and the WORLDWIDE Brotherhood and the Unity diplayed is the Positives that keep me in the Org, despite numerous doubts!!

The word "unity" is not the same as the expression "forced conformity, or God will slaughter you." If dubs had any freedom of expression at all without impunity, you would see that "unity" vaporize. That "unity" only exists because your leaders have terrorized you, bullied you, lied to you and extort you into believing whatever they put forward, or you will face the harshest of punishiments: you will be forever shunned by all those you love, AND God will slaughter you.

Some "unity."

: Farkel, always love your perspective on things(if your the same Farkel from old H2O)....

Thanks! Yep, I'm me. No one is big enough of a jerk to even attempt to impersonate me.

: just curious you mentioned that Jehovah hasn't used an Organization???? What about the Nation of Israel, Ist Century Christians and their numerous Congs??? Just curious!

What I said was, the Bible is crystal clear that God ALWAYS worked through individuals. Period. What "organization" was Noah a part of. The flood was God's most spectacular work ever on the face of this earth, but Noah wasn't aware he had to be a part of an "organization" to warn about it. What "organization" did Isaiah belong to? Daniel? Ezekiel? Moses? Jeremiah? Elijah? Elisha? John the Baptist? Even Jesus Christ himself?

Even Chuck Russell got it right when he said "organization is wholly unnecessary." The WTS even screwed that part up. God has ALWAYS worked through individuals.

You've been brainwashed and lied to and conned by a bunch of self-serving hypocrites in Brookly, Normie67. Perhaps someday you'll see that. Until you do, they'll keep lying to you, taking away your freedoms and making ever more promises that they can't deliver. They've never delivered on ONE promise they've made. Their success in prophecy amounts to a 100% failure rate.

They're just men pretending to be directed by God. Nothing more.

: The 1914 date is arguable, GTR, COC and etc. But honestly what othe rDate was as important as 1914...ie WW1 many point to 1914 as turning point in human history!!

Read GTR and you'll see that those "many" you speak about are idiots.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit