Which did you prefer? Watchtower or Awake?

by LDH 61 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

When I was a JW, I really couldn't stomach the Watchtowers. The only articles I would read would be for the family study/Watchtower study. It seemed so archaic and old-people-ish.

I did read the Awake from cover to cover almost every time. At least it was a little more interesting.

Did you have a preference?

Lisa

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Hrmmm. The Awake for putting me to sleep, and the Watchtower for wiping my ass.

I guess it's a tie.

• Lin
    Lin

LOL Bad Seed! I didn't care much for the WT, but I occasionally read articles in the Awake. Just the ones on every day living and suggestions stuff, not any of the heavy duty stuff. Those were "yawners".

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

I like watching the world cartoons...so i guess the awake.

I like it when a picture of the earth had a thermometer in its mouth

and an ice pack on its head..

• rocky220
    rocky220

Well, let me ask a question: Which of the two will tell me the truth and nothing but the truth......the answer is........neither. rocky220

• LB
    LB

At first I actually was anxious when the watchtower would show up. I usually just glanced through the Awake. As I discovered the watchtower reusing the same articles over and over then I had to force myself to study them and the awake became more interesting.

But isn't it amazing how Playboy can use the same articles over and over and it just doesn't matter?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I used to find Awake! quite interesting, like a dumbed-down Reader's Digest. I'd read most of the non-religious articles, then skip the last two paragraphs where they give praise to Jehovah for creating walruses or space shuttles or whatever.

• Larry
    Larry

I loved the Awake - Some very interesting articles - one sided of course but interesting none the less :) However, since I was the 'Tower conductor I lived for the study articles in the 'Tower. I made it a goal to read every article in both mags. for years. Now that I'm enlighten, I couldn't stomach reading anything printed by the BORG.

Peace - LL

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

i guess it would have to be the Awake, our sons have cut the pictures out (only) for numerous school projects.

Edited by - imanaliento on 10 September 2002 11:4:34

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I liked the Awake!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit