Which did you prefer? Watchtower or Awake?

by LDH 61 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

PUKE!! On both.

They would not even work as TP....too thick and hard.

Though I do feel smarter having read them.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

LB: Playboy has articles?

Actually in our house, there is a running joke that both magazines are basically sleeping tablets. If anyone is having trouble sleeping, we immediately prescribe a Watchtower. If it is really severe, we prescribe the Isaiah book.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Hee-hee! What a larf!

I preferred Awake, coz I like some of the nature/science stuff.

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

I did the same thing as Derek. How funny- I wasn't the only one.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

So it looks like the Awake! wins hands down! Trouble is, I can't even believe all that nature/science stuff that's supposed to be factual, because it comes from the WBTS. And it's interesting that the WBTS can accept science as long as it doesn't contradict their doctrines.

• out4good3
    out4good3

We were told reading the information printed in AWAKE is just as good as a college education. Be sure to put that on your resume next time you go looking for a job that requires a college degree.

One of my relatives used to go on and on about this particular piece of WT truth a lot after she was first baptised when I talked about going back to school. She would go running around telling people "I'm in the best school in the world...the Theocratic Ministry School!! She even put this on job applications and resumes. Took her about 10 years of doing nothing but cold-call minimum wage telemarketing and me graduating and finally getting a decent job for her to realize that her "Theocratic MInistry School" credentials were worth about as much in the real world as a bucket of warm cow $hit.

• SYN
    SYN

NEITHER!

Also, I'm pissed that nobody will hire me because I have an Awake College Education (TM) under my belt! ARGH!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

"She would go running around telling people "I'm in the best school in the world...the Theocratic Ministry School!!"

I bet most people who heard her thought that the TMS was a school for the mentally handicapped.

• LDH
    LDH

It is.

• Been there
    Been there

Definately the Awake. I had to do a speech in grade school one year and I did something out of the Awake. I think it was on animals hybernating. YYYYuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit