What org rules were stupid to you?

by MARTINLEYSHON 43 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

disfelowshiping, stupid, dumb, idotic, lunatics who on earth ever made up this rule, it is beyond the realism of true christianity. imagine jesus doing it. never....

• c5
    c5

Counting and reporting your field service time was a totally stupid rule. No where did I ever find a scripture that justified it. Isn't your time devoted to serving God supposed to be personal? Doesn't the WT get that?

Going door to door was also stupid. Very few people converted to the JW's from straight door to door work. It seems to me the JW's like to use old pre-1900 ways of doing things. Door to door is from an era of a long time ago. Few people today trust or appreciate those that go door to door. Face it, in todays world, our home is our castle. One reason we have a home is to be at peace, and to be away from the hustle and bustle of today. The last thing most people want is someone coming un-invited to your door. I was told that time after time after time when I pioneered. I gave the cover statement "that a lot of people appreciate our calls" to save face, knowing full well that most people DID NOT appreciate our calls.

I also thought the rule of not wearing skirts that were any length above the knee was dumb. This may have been a regional rule, I do not know for sure if all of Watchtowerdom practiced this one. Hey, I understand modesty, but short skirts/dresses are not going to make the world come to an end.

I agree that the no facial hair on men rule is stupid as well. Does not the Bible they believe in tell them that Jesus, the apostles, and pretty much every man in the Bible had facial hair? Facial hair is a natural thing. I am surprised they dont have restrictions on if you can or cannot shave your hair on other regions of the body. Imagine inforcing that! It is just stupid. Many business professionals have facial hair. They keep it neat so it does not look bad.

I think the rule about not standing up when the flag comes by at a parade or event is dumb. I honestly don't understand the harm in showing respect. Standing up is not showing worship, it is just showing good respect.

Cari
  • seawolf
    seawolf

no "R" rated movies. yet, people in other countries would go and see them and it was ok. what's up with that? not to mention the fact that if they made movies based on stuff in the bible and made them realistic and followed the bible to the T umm anyone wanna bet that a lot of that bible crap would be lucky to even get an R? an X is more like it.

• SweatPea
    SweatPea

Teenagers could not do the "TWIST" at dance parties!

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

Anyone not believing the society is part of Satan's world and will be thrown into the lake of fire or die at armegeddon. So uh....people that didn't believe 1975 was the end...are destined to die? ~FS

• minimus
    minimus

1----ALL the KM inserts for rules on District Conventions----2----Visiting Bethel to give free labor, you couldn't wear shirts with logos.....Touring Bethel and wearing meeting clothes for a freakin' tour!----3----Servants having to be 15 to 20 min. early for the meeting and had to stay 15 to 20 min. after-----4-----No 2 door cars for pioneers (unwritten rule)----5-----Having to go to 5 meetings per week

• breeze
    breeze

Stupid rules....

Once before a the Ministry School and Service Meeting I asked for a Kingdom Ministry.

My family and I had started back in service and were trying a real comeback. We had only been in service for four months and I wanted my family to have a copy to keep up with the meeting etc. I had been borrowing one, I then found out why I had been borrowing them. The elder informed me that I and my family would have to be regular publishers before I could obtain them officially.

To be considered a regular publishers have to report for a six month concurretn time period for you non-JW's.....the Kingdom Ministry is a four to six page paper distributed by the org to schedule meetings and much of the meeting content is in there also....

I was set back quite a bit by this.....I don't think I was as regular after that?????

Top That.....

BREEZE

• FLDude
    FLDude

FLDude: Seriously? Why, are they scared that THE DEEMINZ!!! will intercept Bethel's money?

SYN: Yes, dead serious. They emphasized reporting everything on the Society's own forms. Some programs were in circulation for doing the accounting on a PC, and they wanted control, uniformity.

Even if a facsimile of their forms was being used, it's the same thing as using their forms, to me. The above is the only explanation I can come up with.

I know one guy who was using software to make Ministry School assignments, and that was frowned on.

Nice to be free of all that.

PS - Now that I'm out of the Borg, happily driving a 2 door car.

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

Another stupid rule that I thought about, only Elders and Pioneers had text books. Knowledge give power to the holder.

Martin

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl
    Hey wolfgirl

The reason for that was that a coloured shirt gave the appearance of being dirty, whereas a white shirt represented heavenly cleaness LOL

Really? I was told that it was because coloured shirts were "worldly," thereby the people wearing them were "less spiritual." *rolls eyes*

Looking back, I think most of their rules are stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit