What org rules were stupid to you?

by MARTINLEYSHON 43 Replies latest jw friends

• dsgal
    dsgal

I know I lied on my field service report sometimes.Also on my study report.When my son and I missed our family study I would count it anyway.And the I would feel guilty because of that scripture"He that is unrighteous in little is also unrighteous in much." Sheesh,all I ever did was go around feeling guilty.NOW I AM FREE FROM GUILT!

• LoyalLeon
    LoyalLeon

Sorry Martin,

I guess ozzie has it right, but many congregations handled matters as yours did, to facilitate things.

So the new light at this years' KMS was nothing really new.

LL

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

My all time favorites were the list of summer assembly rules that everyone had to study and comment on every year. Bethel visiting rules cracked me up too.

• bay64me
    bay64me

Headcoverings for women!

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

There was one congregation where the elder told the sisters they needed to wear hose, in another you didn't-- yet ,in another the kids couldn't roller skate. My husband hated wearing ties, suit coats and being told to botton his top button which he never did.

Edited by - imanaliento on 3 September 2002 12:31:53

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

First of all, I wouldn't call myself being "in the truth" when I looked back my life as a jw. I would call it, "in the cult."

So when I was in the cult, the most stupid rule was.....shunning policy. And now I think of it, just being a jw is a stupid thing to do.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What org rules were stupid to you?

ALL religious rules are stupid. Jesus summed up all the rules with the word "love." With love, there is a conscience and with a conscience, the correct thing to do is almost always evident.

The rest is bullshit. I'm not even a Christian, but I can recognize the concepts of "loving my neighbor" and having a conscience.

The Watchtower has bastardized EVERYTHING Jesus taught by establishing rules, regulations, policies and the entrenchment of their window-washing thought-Police. They subjugate their members more than any average parent would subjugate a three-year-old child.

Farkel

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Touche again Farkel

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The field service of course. That is why I quit reporting those hours years ago because I could see how inflated the hours really were. I know for instance if I went out in a car group of four how it would take you 15 to 20 minutes to get out banging on doors. Half the time the other person is taking the door and the other half you were sitting in the car waiting for the other couple to finish their call. Then at 11 am we would all go to the coffee shop and spend 20 to 30 minutes in their socializing. After which we would go back and do return visits where again you were sitting in the car most of the time. So out of that car group that reports 8 hours between the 4 publishers, I would say that about only an hour is actually spent doing the preaching work.

Will

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

When I was in the BSC WAS in charge of collecting our reports.

I hated all the stupid assembly rules:

BE SEATED!

NO TALKING!

BROTHERS WANTED!

KEEP MOVING! (baaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)

HOLD HANDRAIL!
    USE ONLY ONE PAPER TOWEL!
    SISTERS DO NOT APPLY MAKEUP HERE! (sign in the womens john mirror...usually a converted MENS john since we held them at the racetrack)

NO SAVING OF SEATS FOR PERSONS NOT IN YOUR CARGROUP! (who the hell was going to check if somebody was in your CAR or not??)

Oh...and the rule in the meetings where if a sister answered and her answer wasnt GOOD ENOUGH>> the brother had to call on a BROTHER to correct or clarify her answer. To call on a sister would have been TEACHING and we cant have THAT happening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit