What org rules were stupid to you?

by MARTINLEYSHON 43 Replies latest jw friends

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

When I was in the truth I thought that the most ludicrous and petty ruling they ever introduced and still practiced is that Congregation Book Study Conductors were and are responsible for collecting every group members report. Surely every member ought to be responsible for his/her own actions.

At the beginning of the following month and certainly before the 5 th I would always receive the stupid telephone call from the secretary Are you aware that 3 publishers havent reported? I would then have to chase them up.

I would be interested to hear from anyone what they thought was insignificant and petty.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

But there are so many to choose from!

One that annoyed me was 'brothers shouldn't wear coloured dress shirts, especially when giving talks.' I was never given a good reason for that.

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

Hey wolfgirl

The reason for that was that a coloured shirt gave the appearance of being dirty, whereas a white shirt represented heavenly cleaness LOL

MARTIN

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    ruling they ever introduced and still practiced is that Congregation Book Study Conductors were and are responsible for collecting every group members report.

Sorry, but this was not a WTS ruling at the time. Sounds more like a local practice. In fact, the WTS in a letter to BOE expressly forbad that.

But what of now? Well, they've gone full circle. It IS now the rule by the Society.

So once again, what was wrong, is now right.

Cheers, Ozzie

• butalbee
    butalbee

Well, they ALL seemed really stupid--if ya ask me.

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

Sorry Ozzie

You have been out of the Org too long, up to June 2000 I was still the P/O of our Congregation, so I do know what I am talking about. I gave the memorial talk in April 2000. I was a procedure nut.

Are you trying to sabatage my threads? or sorry you do not answer questions from any one called Martin.

• dsgal
    dsgal

I always wondered why men can't have beards and why women can't wear slacks.I never read anywhere in the Bible that this was condemned by God.

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

No facial hair

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

Another ruling that I thought was really stupid, is the counting of time in the field ministry. How many members would make up their hours just to please the elders? My guess 25% of them. What do you think? Did you ever falsify your reports?

• dins
    dins

I once falsified a whole year on reporting...not that I went out much anyway but I was in high school and would rather have taken a bath with pirhanas than go out in the field serv ice. All the rules were daft, but the one I remember most vividly is when I was really small I was ordered not to eat Tootsie Rolls.

Diana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit