Two Jehovahs Witnesses Beheaded!

by deceit 109 Replies latest jw friends

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    If they did lie, what in the world does that have to do with the fact that some religous freak chopped their heads off for being a different religion?!?!

only the loving Jehovah, according to JWs, will do that..........................

• Dia
    Dia

It's a shame that this conversation has deteriorated so badly.

The fact is, we DON'T KNOW what happened. It is very likely it will come out at a later time, except to the degree that the WT convinces people involved to not speak out about it, except as they direct them to

• Scully
    Scully

I was hoping the discussion here would be about the WTS's share of culpability in this tragedy. I should have guessed by the volume of posts that it had turned into the "usual". LOL *sigh* Love ya, OUTLAW!

Anyways, let's turn the attention to how the WTS contributed to the untimely demise of these two JW men, and the four women's continued hostage situation.

Does the WTS expect all of its members to comply with the notion that "this good news of the kingdom will be preached in ALL THE INHABITED EARTH and then the end will come"?

YES. And what about the "Kingdom Melodies" that go.... "Fear not those who kill the body...... but cannot destroy the soul [huh?? the soul isn't the person now? sorry, off topic].... to the end continue faithful..... I will bring you to your goal" and "We're Jehovah's Witnesses, We speak out in Fearlessness"....

Does the WTS assure its members engaged in this preaching work that they will have divine protection when doing so?

YES. All you have to do is read Yearbook experiences - which generally are from lands where the preaching work is banned or restricted - most of them claim divine protection/intervention for the good outcomes that are seen. Seldom are cases like this even mentioned. Translation: Jehovah blesses the preaching work, nothing bad will happen to you if you are out in service.

There are lots of Urban Legends out there among JWs too - the Avon lady (how ironic) shows up at house X and is raped and murdered; the next JW that shows up at house X is spared because the householder claims to have seen huge towering males accompanying her. The JW was alone. Translation: Angelic protection for those in the preaching work. [If I recall correctly, this one was even published in the magazines.]

Does the WTS encourage its members to employ "Theocratic War Strategy" when engaged in the preaching work in lands where the work is banned or restricted?

YES.

*** Watchtower 1957 May 1 pp.285-286 Use Theocratic War Strategy ***
    >>>A WITNESS of Jehovah was going from house to house in Eastern Germany when she met a violent opposer. Knowing at once what to expect she changed her red blouse for a green one in the very next hallway. No sooner had she appeared on the street than a Communist officer asked her if she had seen a woman with a red blouse. No, she replied, and went on her way. Did she tell a lie? No, she did not. She was not a liar. Rather, she was using theocratic war strategy, hiding the truth by action and word for the sake of the ministry.

In this she had good Scriptural precedent. Did not Rahab hide the Israelite spies by both action and word? Did not Abraham, Isaac, David and others likewise hide the truth at times when faced with a hostile enemy? They certainly did, and never do we read a word of censure for their doing so. Rather, we read of their being termed exemplary servants of Jehovah. Their actions were in line with Jesus' wise counsel: "Look! I am sending you forth as sheep amidst wolves; therefore prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves."-Matt. 10:16, NW.<<<

Now, having said that, while I place the blame squarely on the guerillas who committed the kidnapping and subsequent murders for their actions, it was extremely foolish of those JWs to go into that territory, knowing that it was risky and probably dangerous to do so. Proselytizing is strictly forbidden. They knew that. The fact that they had Muslim guides suggests that they already were aware of the danger. I am speculating that the Muslim couple who acted as their guides double-crossed them. In some places, and this may or may not have happened here, loyalty to the factions by turning in 'infidels' is rewarded with a bounty.

Had these people not been brainwashed dubs who believe that it is imperative to 'preach this good news of the kingdom in ALL the inhabited earth' and that in doing so in hostile situations they should use "theocratic war strategy" and they will receive "divine protection", do you suppose they would be selling cosmetics and herbal products in hostile territory?? If they had merely been selling cosmetics and herbal products, would they have been branded as "infidels"??

I don't see how the WTS can escape responsibility for encouraging these folks to put themselves in harm's way. They use the analogy of their preaching work being like going into a burning building to save innocent lives. They proclaim divine protection will come to those who engage in the preaching work. Obviously "Jehovah" was too busy making sure the GB were oriented to person, place and time and had enough Depends for the week to watch over these six individuals who will have to live with the consequences of their obedience to the WTS.

How many members of the GB would have put themselves in that situation?? Considering that none of them will even go door-to-door in their own neighbourhood in Brooklyn.... my best guess is that NONE OF THEM WOULD.

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 24 August 2002 9:23:4

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

I think some of us get more frustrated with Witnesses when something as horrifying as this happens. we all know the WTS is moronic, but what will it take before its members, and our families, figure that out......

why is it that people can see how barbaric it is when people are slaughtered because they follow a different religion, yet they can't see the barbarity of the WTS's teaching that this is what God plans to do at Armageddon ?

Edited by - deddaisy on 25 August 2002 4:25:36

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

O M G

This is the first I have heard of this. I haven't watched ANY T.V. or listened to any news since Wednesday Morning.

This is sooo sad.

Has anyone heard of any press release from the WTS regarding this yet.

I did not read the entire thread YET. But I will go back through it.

Plum

A child holds an anti-U.S. placard to protest the return of U.S. troops for military exercises during a rally near the U.S. Embassy in Manila Friday, Aug. 23, 2002. The protesters fear that the recent kidnapping of six people and the subsequent beheading of the two of them will pave the way for the holding of the joint military exercise in the troubled island of Jolo in southern Philippines. Friday's protest coincided with the start of the Philippine revolution in 1896 where revolutionaries tear their ID's in defiance of the Spanish rulers. (AP Photo/Bullit Marquez)

Edited by - plmkrzy on 25 August 2002 5:28:28

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

As of monday aug 26, NO mention of it on jw-media.org; how can they ignore this?
    Maybe they are holding back for fear that discussing the witness presence in philippines will make it worse for jws there, who knows; it sure is unusual that they won't even mention it.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I didn't read this whole thread, so will ask a question.

I was gone from Thursday through Sunday, and watched CNN in the evenings, after sessions at my business convention. No mention was made of this. But Wednesday night I saw it on CNN several times.

Is there any news about the women? Are they still captive?

• mevirginia
    mevirginia

I would not be supprised if 80 or 90% of the 6,000,000 witnesses have no knowledge of this.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey mevirginia,WBTS loves stuff like this..Dead dubs sell magazines,sold magazines =money,cold hard cash$$$$$$$$,and brings the herd together,with a dooms day mentality..Who will be the next martyr?Who wants to show their true intentions as to how they will serve god?Who is willing to die?..WBTS will work the crowd good..No doubt it will be officially announced:Those JW`s died for their religion and their god,wouldn`t you do the same?..Translation:Get out there and sell magazines,if need be,die for your religion.We need the cash............Those people died for nothing other than other peoples greed,and or ability to look the other way when they see something wrong,going on within the WBTS ...OUTLAW

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

OUTLAW:

You are right, these atrocities fire up the troops of loyal publishers. I remember as a kid hearing a talk about how Milton Henshel was nearly beaten to death with a rifle butt somewhere in Africa. It gave the congregation the "warm fuzzies" to know that they had a martyr. Of course the graphic descriptions of JW's in Malawi who had their feet nailed to the floor also provided a "team" rush. These poor souls who were beheaded will also provide much needed proof of the nearness of the "end".

Edited by - drahcir yarrum on 27 August 2002 23:32:16

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit