Pagan Origins

by tinker 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Welcome and great first post HALF BANANA.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome Half banana!

Uh-oh. Half banana/half dog? I'm pretty certain that's pagan!

• Half banana
    Half banana

Thank you Breakfast and Billy, I have enjoyed both of your posts over time...I usually post on Ex-JW forum as do some others here.  Although you have a picture of a cute dog/banana hybrid I have to admit that I am actually part human but mainly sloth (well my other half thinks so). 

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    ....what if the worshipping of an all mighty invisible deity was of pagan origin?
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy
    There was a period of Monotheism in Egypt that pre-dates monotheism in Judah, so your post is spot on NVR2L8 !
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Quite so Phizzy and therefore NVR as well...you know what you are worshipping with a good old fashioned pagan idol like Yahweh. But what a clever wheeze to have invisible deities! For one thing they are much, much harder to knock down...

There is only one factor which appears to validate the belief in an invisible being.

It is not the invisible god’s works or actions that make them real because they cannot be proved or disproved. Since invisible Gods never make themselves known to the five senses of humans, the only route for belief in such is observing what it is that believers do... and imitate them. There can be no possible proof of an invisible non- communicating entity! So belief in invisible deities appears to be validated only by the sheer force of the numbers of believers.

To say god is invisible and to say that JC returned invisibly in 1874 as Russell did and in 1914 as Joe Frankly Ratherflawed did... are confidence tricks to trap the gullible and easily led.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit