August KM Fall Out

by writerpen 40 Replies latest jw friends

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

How do they even KNOW if the R&F are associating with, oh my GOD, "the DFed?"

my guess is that whenever scandalous or dangerous times for the WTS hit, they want to STRESS to members the importance of not associating with ANYONE that may blow the loving WTS's cover........i.e.---------apostates, Dateline, media, Internet, members that have been molested and raped.......

how long before you see the Witnesses getting rid of their televisions, radio's, newspaper subscriptions, Internet service.......they'll be limited to the WT, AWAKE, WTS tapes and media...

and any Witnesses that claim they wouldn't do so if ordered by the WTS can think again....they rid themselves of family when ordered to do, so what's a T.V.?

• twain30
    twain30

Re: To Writer Pen

No private information concerning this has been given to the elders that I know of.

I seriously doubt that family members of a disfellowshipped person could be dealt with by a judicial committee for fraternizing, just as long as they didn't flaunt it. It would get very sticky, for example: family members accused of associating with the disfellowshipped one could say, "Our disfellowshipped family member was undergoing mental difficulties and was under duress-these were extenuating circumstances." You see an immediate family member has a Biblical responsibility to look after his parents, children, aged parents, grown children, brothers, sisters, etc. It seems to me that any elder who would try to do anything about this would run up against a picket fence.

This is mostly sabre rattling. You have to stay a step ahead of these guys

• Goodboy
    Goodboy

WITCHY: It affected me to read your post and the disappointment you felt. I encourage you to not be too downhearted.

I have seen such a personal "tightening" happen _right_ before a person has reached their final decision to leave. My wife did the same thing right before she stopped going to meetings altogether. Your daughter's affirmation of her fading beliefs may simply be a knee-jerk reaction to a stern word from the Mother organization. Remeber that JWs are conditioned puppets, and the two years of work you put in has _not_ been wasted.

Speaking from the child's perspective (I left, my mom is still in) I can say that a child's love for their parent goes far beyond these little stupidities. Currently my mom is dealing with breast cancer and I am being prevented from comforting her because my father is an ex-elder prick. What can I do? I am powerless. I can simply be ready for that moment where she picks up the phone and calls me.

In the end, I love her a hell of a lot more than Jehovah does. Someday she'll see that. So will your daughter.

Stay strong and keep talking to your friends here.

Goodboy.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

LovesDubs said: "it is not a coincidence that this falls in line with all the adverse publicity lately. They never do ANYTHING by chance. "

Sadly it's all about making the PUBLISHING COMPANY look good and weaseling around their "uncomplimentary publicity" to make themselves "APPEAR" to be upright Christians.

Too bad that so many unsuspecting sheep are caught in the brambles of deception.....

Hugs,

Annie

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

GermanJW:

Thank you for posting this little tidbit about how Germany PR is handling this subject:

German PR Speaker Bernd Klar even appeared on a local TV station stating that "If I said today that I didn't want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses, nothing at all would happen to me. My brothers would speak to me, they would come along and ask why I don't want to be a JW anymore."

My son said only that he did not want to be one of JW's anymore and the elders announced at the next meeting that he had da'd himself...no letter was written by my son though. Nice to see the "JW worldwide unity in thought and word" is intact. <------ sarcasm to the max.

I sure wish this PR speaker's statement was in writing somewhere. I would love to wave that under some noses around here.

twain30:

I'm disappointed that you said that no private information from the GB allowing softened attitudes by elders, was given to the elders, that you know of. I was hoping to be able to get ahold of something in print that showed otherwise. That too is something I would like to wave under some noses since my son's elder/father has only spoken to him a few times at funerals for the last several years.

My heart goes out to all who are suffering family split-ups under the WTS rules. The more this and other policies that the WTS lies about, are made known to the public, the more their numbers of new recruits and members will dwindle. That will hit the WTS where it hurts most---their pocketbook and their pride.

Had Enough

• Gozz
    Gozz

"If I said today that I didn't want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses, nothing at all would happen to me. My brothers would speak to me, they would come along and ask why I don't want to be a JW anymore." - German WTS PR Speaker Bernd Klar, on a local TV station

And in peculiar JW-speak, Mr. Klar hasn't told a lie. Nothing would happen to him. May be he meant physically; and then he would be right. He might even mean spiritually, if he doesn't believe the whole crap, but that's one he won't let his brothers know. Only he han't yet mastered the art, not even Mr. J.R. Brown has. He could've done away with the "at all"... and of course, his brothers would speak to him, his elder-brothers that is. They would ask what has come over him. They would come along and speak to him, asking why he doesn't want to be a JW anymore. May be once, or twice, and then he may repent in dust and ashes, and he's back... Liar man.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

GermanJW:

Thank you for the update on Germany.

Do you know if the authorities that the Watchtower is registering with have been sent a copy of the August KM on shunning?

If you can provide some contact details or addresses, I'm sure some of us would be glad to do this.

Expatbrit

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Excellent idea Expat!!! I second the motion.

Had Enough

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Most people will pay about as much attention to the KM article as they do to the rest of the KM articles, which is not much.

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Hi GermanJW,

How can I get a copy of the transcript of this TV station?

German PR Speaker Bernd Klar even appeared on a local TV station stating that "If I said today that I didn't want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses, nothing at all would happen to me. My brothers would speak to me, they would come along and ask why I don't want to be a JW anymore

Let me know.

CAPP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit