August KM Fall Out

by writerpen 40 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Writerpen; Isn't it a good feeling to finally be free of the manipulating attempts of others. The wbts teaches and uses this method and others to control the members.

I know some might disagree with what I did. But early on I notified some of the more hardened relatives that they were excomunicated from me by me and not to attempt any contact. I told them I was taking this action in response to their conduct towards me.

I knew I would lose them anyway and thought this might make other family members aware that they may recieve this action although not stated.

I also had about a year of therapy and I think I read almost every book published on mental health. This convinced me that we all need to truly detatch from our parents and others and become fully functional independant individuals. In so doing we remove the dysfunctional, manipulative, controling, irrational people from our circle of associates. This includes family.

I also can recall the sudden feeling of lightness of spirit this brought about. What a new way to live! What a new way to associate with other humans. On a fully free equal way! No need to please others by doing what we really do not want to be doing. To feel good about ourself without the praise of others. Even if the praise is earned or not. To still feel good if others try to put us down or try to make us feel less than acceptable.{ favorite wbts tactic}

We can do all this because we are now loving and proud of ourselves as we are to others. We can now think for ourselves without any proding or direction from an organization. We can to to several sources of information and find what we need to know and accept it only if we want to!

I am carrying on too long here. Couldn't help it. Your post brought back all the flood of good memories of that time and that life change for me.

Wish you all of the good things this life holds Writerpen. Life life to its fullest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit