silentlambs

Grits, I would hate for your JW friend to miss the pics,

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33022&site=3

silentlambs

• Farkel
    Farkel

wasa,

I found this bit of information:

"Some areas of the United States not using Daylight Saving Time include, Arizona, parts of Indiana, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, U.S. Virgin Islands and American Samoa do not observe Daylight Saving Time."

You'll have to excuse my ignorance. I had forgotten that "Indiana" was part of the United States, much less "parts" of Indiana. Hell, there's only 50 of 75 people in the whole STATE!

I did enjoy the "Music Man," although I have to wonder about so-called states that would name a city after someone named "Gary."

Farkel

• larc
    larc

Farkel, Ohio is thinking of taking over Indiana. We need their corn fields to increase out state revenue. As part of the plan, we are going to change the name of Gary, Indiana to Larc, Ohio.

• waiting
    waiting

Being a Hoosier from birth, there were many, many jokes about Indiana and their time zones. "Snooze zone" pretty well summed it up. I'm from Naptown originally - and it was.

Btw, Larc, we knew even less about Ohio, except for the Cincinnati Zoo - and that theme park. Used to take my kids to both yearly. We knew even less about Illinois. We just knew we didn't want to be from Kentucky (except Louisville) - which we didn't consider part of that state.

Gawd............the CORN FIELDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damned things go on forever....................................................................................................................................

waiting

ps: As for Chung's CNN tonight? Great News!

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

PRESS RELEASE

Wednesday, August, 14

William H. Bowen: KY 270-527-5350, silentlambs.org

Heidi Meyer: MN , Michele Sandstrom

William H. Bowen Interviews with Connie Chung

Abuse Survivors Featured Two Nights in a Row

At 7:00 PM CST tonight William H. Bowen will do an interview on CNN with Connie Chung regarding cover up of child abuse allegations within the Jehovahs Witness organization. "I abhor people who protect child molesters, tonight you are going to learn who they are." Bowen comments. An disfellowshipping announcement will be made at the Draffenville congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses, 86 foust-Sledd Road , Benton KY, on Thursday, August 15 th . Bowen plans to attend the meeting and object to the announcement.

Heidi Meyer, 22, of St Paul, MN, who recently filed a lawsuit against her local congregation and the home office located in for being silenced by elders when she came forward to report being molested by a fellow congregation member. "I was told I would be disfellowshipped if I told anyone." She says, "The Governing Body are hurting abuse survivors and refusing to change policy thus leaving children in danger."

Amber Long, 22, also of St Paul , who first appeared on the lawsuit as "Jane Doe" will speak on the program also. Amber was fearful of repercussions from the organization when she initially filed. Now she is going public with her allegations also. "I was afraid of being disfellowshipped for speaking out, but with how they have treated Mr. Bowen, I no longer care." Amber states. " Children have been hurt and someone has to say something."

Thursday, Michele Sandstrom, of Brooklyn , NY, will also interview and discuss how she and her mother were silenced with threats of disfellowshipping when they tried to warn others about the man who molested her.

Jehovahs Witnesses have one million members in the and over fifteen million attend services around the world. It is their goal to call at every home in at least once a year.

Edited by - silentlambs on 14 August 2002 14:11:30

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Why does CNN say tonights Connie story is about missing children? Did they change the night? or is it on Thursday and not tonight?

Thanks! I don't want to miss this.

• sf
    sf

between2,

The program has at least three segments. The promo's you are seeing aired on CNN today for CCT are re: the top story she will feature tonight. Bill's 'piece' will air after which, imo, is better than airing first. CNN only promotes the lead story.

sKally

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

btt

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

3 hours, 16 minutes until .....

SHOWTIME!!!!!!!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Kanka began a grass-roots campaign that eventually forced all 50 states to enact Megan's Law, a statute requiring such convicted sex offenders to register in their communities. Also, we'll talk to William Bowden, the founder of Silentlambs,

THIS!!!!!! IS the CLINCHER PEOPLE.

The fact that they are doing this as part of a FORMAT

It is BRILLIANT to do it this way rather then ONLY focus on JUST JWs

It puts things in an ENTIERLY DIFFERENT prospective.

Brings it to the CORE

How can anyone watch a program entailing how "Megan's law" was put on the books and then RIGHT AFTER THAT watch what "Silentlambs" is about and NOT be personally affected by it. NOT POSSIBLE. Unless youre numb.

If the program only focused on "Silentlambs" then it would definite grab the attention of a million members in the US. And others would be like bystanders watching whats going on with JWs.

Big deal.

BUT! With a layout done this way. It put the entire Silentlambs issue in a whole other light.

It will expand the community interest from maybe only a million to a million the 1st airing and triple that on the repeat.

This is called strategy at its finest.

NOW instead of "worldy" people looking at a JW thing on the news, it will be ALL VIEWERS looking at a "LAW" thing on the news. Why are JW offenders NOT REGISTERED!

It brings it into "REALITY" for the rest of the country in a way that the rest of the country can RELATE to.

THATS IMPORTANT!

Not yelling here, just want to make sure my opinion isn't completely IGNORED this time

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit