Bill Bowen Disfellowshipped

by silentlambs 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Do they have ANY clue how bad they look by DFing him? Do they have any idea all that does is confirm with questioning brothers and sisters that there is SOMETHING to hide? I just don't get it. I know in my head that they're logic is like a Mad Hatter logic but when I see it, it's still unbelievable. This is insane!

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I think it is pretty easy to see that the GB asked to have him DF'ed at all cost. The hearing was nothing more then something they could say "we tired!" when in fact it was over months ago.

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

Thank you for all the kind comments, we are just exhausted. The telephone has been ringing all day, as we have been loading a coupe of more torpedoes. It appears the media is taking a greater interest in this story.

The judicial hearing was nothing short of nothing. The appeal committee simply ignored everything written to date, ignored any comments made, and like wt refused to acknowledge in anyway there was any child abuse problem in the organization. Every line of reasoning, every question and point of logic was met with either silence or, "OK, anything else?"

There was much stated, I talked for over an hour, but that was all, it was just me talking. In the beginning I asked what witnesses they had against me. They said the evidence was from my website. They then started reading off things they had downloaded. I stated that I refused to accept or agree to evidence taken from the internet as according to the Society's instructions it was not to be trusted. If we are not allowed to accept material aganist the WT from the internet then certailnly information could not be used as material against a brother. At that point they pulled out the GB letter for the "silentlambs march." They read portions and stated I was questioning the "faithful and descreet slave." To which I stated absolutely not, I have hard evidence against a small group of men who represent the FDS and I wish to prove my allegations with eye-witnessses and hard evidence on 9-27-02. This meeting is an attempt to deny me that right.

They then asked, "Are you saying the entire GB is wicked?" I said that I thought two are three were truly wicked due to my evidence and the rest were guilty of being weak and going along with it. If you know of sin and allow it to continue you thus share in the sin. The entire GB are to be considered wicked as they have all cooperated together to continue WT Policy at the expense of ruined lives of children. For their actions if they are found unrepentant, they should be disfellowshipped. If on the other hand the GB are untouchable and no one is allowed to confront them when they break God's law, then in effect they have become God on earth and they thus defy the very theology they support. In the bible no one was above reproof or punishment for wrongdoing.

If I am wrong and I cannot prove my allegations then I should be disfellowshipped, on the other hand, If I am right and can prove the allegations should not the GB be disiplined accordingly?

At this point there was a silence for about 30 seconds and Dan McMullen said, "Ok, anything else?"

I then said, "You men are simply doing as you are ordered to do, and refuse to see the reality that faces so many. If some man had stuck his penis up your behind, and you had been required to sit in the back room of a KH with untrained idiot elders, screwing up a real investigation and helping to ruin your life, you would be on the other side of this table hugging my neck and thanking me for silentlambs. Instead, you have your orders, and it is well known you doing as you are told will mean many rewards for silencing assistance for abuse survivors, but in the end someday you will know, each and every one, that what you did today hurt children.

"Ok, anything else"

One last thing, WT Policy will change, the only question is, how much persecution and how long are you willing to endure it as you support wicked men who hurt children.

"Ok, anything else. Thank you for meeting with us."

What can you say? They did not want to see anything for if they did it would mean they could be DF also. Scared little rabbits who live in fear each day.

silentlambs

• minimus
    minimus

But Bill, did you truly expect anything was going to change? Are you not an experienced man? You made your point. Did you REALLY expect to change anything?

• Dino
  • Dino
    Dino

minimus aside, at least you wont have to carry around that doublewide elders bag anymore.

Take care old friend.

Dino

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Take your rest Bill whenever you can... Keep your mind sharp. Most of us would have parrotted party lines if we were in their shoes years ago. Little do they know that everyone is expendable to protect this organization and everyone that tries to be "loyal" eventually has their turn. Just be patient and when the very thing they have defended sells them out they will feel sick at what they have done to you. You will have the last laugh.

Path

• LB
    LB

Naw Bill expected this. He knew it would happen. I'm fairly sure that Bill would have liked to remain active as a JW so that others wouldn't be in trouble for visiting his site. That's the only reason he was DFed by their own admission. Over his site. So now, there is no "legal" place for an abused witness to turn, except to untrained elders.

• LDH
    LDH

Bill,

Welcome to Personal Freedom!

I really feel bad for what you've been through. But look on the bright side...most that are DF'd do not have a group of friends waiting to hug them and pat them on their back and say "Job well done!"

Love to you and Ranchette.

Lisa

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

THEY LET YOU TALK???!!!!! The org. must have changed 'some' rules since my DFG in June/2000. They wouldn't let me hardly say a word. But, then again. There was so much yelling between my Hubby and the elders(5) that it was pretty hard for me to get a word in. I look back and think it's a HOOT. They probably thought they were so dignified, but, they were down right haughty, ignorant and emmensely rude. Now I just view them as pitiful. I hope one day they will see the org. as it really is.

Bill, you're on a roll!!!!!!!

Good night and May God Bless ALL the LITTLE LAMBS.

SUSCARRA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit