How Many Here Have Been Shunned?

by Reborn2002 65 Replies latest jw friends

• milka
    milka

I like what witchywoman said - "you can never have a meaningful relationship with a robot". I guess I have to be a dissenter - because my parents still speak to me. Never say never and knock on wood. I feel for you all. I left the 'troof' a long time ago and the wounds have healed, but the scars are still there.

• recoveringexjw
    recoveringexjw

that article makes me wanna vomit

• sOOner
    sOOner

D'fs twice,still can't believe that myself.I was FREE and went back because my mama convinced me that my daughters blood was on me.That didn't last long.I was shunned by my sisters,and had little contac with my mama and dad and younger brother.I moved across country and found new friends that treated me as family.

I am presently being shunned by my mama.My sisters are either disassociated or d'fs.We are closer then we have ever been in our entire lives.

It is as if she has died...

that is how she wants it,or rather how the society has brainwashed her to believe it has to be.

So much for uncondtional love...

I pray with good intent for her as always

she gave me the gift of life

I miss her laughter,her silly and cute sayings,brushing her hair,plucking her eyebrows...

I remember Mama

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas
    The reason I was posting it was I wanted to ask.. how many people on this board have suffered because of this? How many individuals who are no longer Jehovah's Witnesses and participate on this webboard have been personally affected?

I just wanted to say that I'm just inactive. Yet I've been shunned by two separate people in my congregation. I still don't know why. It seems they believe that it's "better safe than sorry." Better to shun and cover yourself rather than be -- gasp! -- nice and amicable.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

I'm even being shunned by my best friend's (current JW) husband who isn't even a JW!!!! My guess is that if he ever found out the REAL truth about the "troof", he wouldn't want to rock the boat. Ignorance is bliss so they say. Better that my 26-year friendship with him and his wife become the sacrificial lamb instead of his marriage. Now that's a real loving friendship isn't it.

Foxy

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Re: How Many Here Have Been Shunned?

I just assumed everyone who is not in hiding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit