WHY ARE YOU HERE?

by jst2laws 38 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

I certainly didn't come to sites such as this one to learn. After all I knew it all already, right? But it appears you can teach old dogs new tricks, sometimes.

I really came for support after staying away from such sites. My wife and I were out yet we had so many concerns on how to deal with our JW son, what to say, what to avoid. We got tons of support from this site during that stage. Now we have a little battle plan and will procede with it.

After attending the Edmonds Assembly (more encouraging than any other I've been to) we are very certain that we've made the right choice. We weren't going back, but now we are completly doubt free.

J2L I enjoyed meeting you and Joy and all the others. I appreciate your dedication and find myself in awe of it. Keep fighting the good fight.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I've been really busy and haven't been to the board lately and Unforturnately I missed the Edmunds Apostafest. Where was it? I hope far from where I live so I don't feel so bad that I wasn't there and missed out on all the fun.

Why I am here?, at first I was here learning. I must admit, although I was already on my way out, some of the things I learned here expedited my desire to leave. I also got some much needed advice and support. I learned about the Grace conference in June that I went to from this board and it was very helpful. Especially in the beginning of my exit, you can get support and noone knows who you are, it is safe from exposure, which as you all know when your leaving is important. I also got hooked up with some old friends that I knew as witnesses and have left the borg. I come now for continued support and for news, who? whats? getting exposed, and to offer support for others.

• termite 35
    termite 35

J2Laws; you are a lovely man;I really enjoyed meeting you and Joy2b;You gave me much to think about.

I am SO sorry to hear about your brother;that must be so hard- I nearly lost mine and that was the worst time of my life.

I come here to learn how to think again- you get out of practice when it's put in front of you on a plate each week;

to assure myself that i'll be ok;

to learn from others how to reach out in a constructive way-so we can all have a hand in helping eachother;

to keep up to date with information that simply is'nt anywhere else, but on the net;

and to find ones I know who've left-still looking....

oh yes, and to get my moneys worth from freeserve and to meet men with lovely accents- ALL those I met had them...!

Edited by - termite 35 on 10 August 2002 19:6:21

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

As many of you know,I had a religious upbringing,however I could always make my own mind up and make my own choices,I struggled,but I did find some answers and I am at peace with myself.

The reason I think this site is brilliant,and the reason I come to it,is that I have been shocked and educated to the pain that folks have to go through,to make their minds up,I find it incredible that so much mind control can be asserted on an individual,I find it almost immoral,everybody should be allowed to choose what they want to believe in,and respected for that,not told!.

I hope I dont cause any offense by saying this.

On the lighthearted side,I havnt found a site for slightly deranged vicars sons,

and Termite,you know where the JW crush is.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Your Family!!!! The type of family that won't shun you. The type of family that cares and listens to your broken spirited pleas for help and advice. Your our friends as well as our family. Someone is always here for us. Any time of the day, day in and day out. Our wounds are healing thanks to our new family of friends.

((((((((((((((((((JW Dicussion Board Members)))))))))))))))))))))

Thanks Simon for your hard work in maintaining this site!!!!!!!

CC/Tinkerbell

• Salud
    Salud

Just2laws,

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. I would just like to add that the support we have recieved from others who share the same experiences is not like any other. Where else do you see people traveling accross the county, even crossing oceans just to have a couple of beers and a meal with ex-witnesses. Do you see ex-Catholics, ex-Protestants going to such extremes? NO!

There is something to be said of the people we are and what we wish to accomplish. The same determination that kept us in is now the driving force that gets us out. Now instead of serving an organization we are serving others in an unselfish way with a view to helping and supporting those who truly need it.

I would also like to add it was a priviledge and a pleasure to meet you and your family.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

There is no site like this site at any other site, so this must be THE SITE!

• Solace
    Solace

I initially came to this site to learn. I really needed to know the painful truth about the "truth". I feel like I continue to learn more every day. I stay because I like connecting with people of similar background and I like getting everyones honest opinion on different situations. Not to mention the fact that you are all so darn cute & irresistible!

• Larry
    Larry

Reasons 1,2 & 3.

Peace - LL

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Salud,

Where else do you see people traveling accross the county, even crossing oceans just to have a couple of beers and a meal with ex-witnesses

Right. When we went to England we first visited Cambridge University. Two students taking a survey asked what brought us from America to England. They wrote in their report with amuzed faces as a explained we came for a BBQ with a good friend we hadn't yet met.

Hope you and the wife join us next time, Salud

Termite,

come here to learn how to think again- you get out of practice when it's put in front of you on a plate each week;

to assure myself that i'll be ok;

I like that last thought. We will be OK. We will eventually be better than ever.

Thanks for the thoughts Zev and Duckling.

Trucker

You make a lot of sense for a "slightly deranged vicars sons"

CC Ryder

I glad to be part of your family.

Jst2law

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit