A Cult

by Beans 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bleep
    Bleep

Yea the last two posts were 7, sorry.

6 more to go.

• Quotes
    Quotes

OK, so I assume you are addressing question (7) (correct me if I am wrong).

A simple letter to the Source would be a good choice in regards to your question of God's Temple. Write a letter to the Watchtower Society

Perhaps I have not made my point very well, let me try again. My question was about the extent or FREE SPEECH within the JW organization/congregation. I simply used the destruction of the temple as one possible example. Don't get hung up on my choice of example; this question is about FREE SPEECH.

If that does nothing then you will have to keep it to yourself or try to convince them otherwise that it is true!

So you recognize that your right to free speech is curtailed; after all, if you have to keep something to yourself your speech is not very free, is it?

or try to convince them otherwise that it is true!

Interesting. Many people have tried to do this, regarding many, many important bible topics, from the destruction of the temple, to the basis for the date 1914, to the WTBTS 's formal association with the Unitied Nations. In all cases that I am aware of (and I have read dozens, perhaps hundreds) the person is tried for Apostasy, simply for asking the question or for doing, as you call it, "trying to convince them otherwise".

New Question: (8) Were you aware that people are expelled as apostates for doing what you have suggested: "trying to convince them otherwise".

Question Tabulation:

(1) -not answered yet

(2) -not answered yet

(3) -not answered yet

(4) -not answered yet

(5) -not answered yet

(6) -not answered yet

(7) ANSWERED (I think).

(8) Just posted.

Edited by - Quotes on 14 August 2002 16:30:32

• Quotes
    Quotes

New question:

(9) Have you spent any time at http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies? This website has nothing to do with JWs or Apostates, but is a very interesting collection of Logical Fallacies, in other words, the mistakes people sometimes make in logice when trying to make a point about something. My first post in this thread referred to this site several times. Have you visited the site yet?

• Europe
    Europe

Save your breath Quotes, Bleep is never going to answer your questions, as I thin the answers are not inthat little book called " reasoning from the scriptures" so then he has to think for himself, something J.W's are taught not to!

• Quotes
    Quotes

You may be right Europe, but I hope you are not. In another thread, where I reminded BLEEP that he has yet to respond to my questions, he/she promised me that he/she would after he/she had time to "think about them"

Only time will tell.

So far, only one question (number 7) has been answered, and the answer contained a suggestion for behavior which would clearly land a person in front of a Judicial Committe answering a charge of APOSTASY.

To BLEEP: "Come out, come out, whereever you are!"

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Shhhhhhh, he is busy reading his text books for his TV/VCR repair course....if you interupt him he will forget everything he read and have to start all over again. This is why Bleep is mad at me. I interupted him and he had to restart the class. Good thing there was a 1-800 # he could call to get new course information......

• Bleep
    Bleep

Quotes, 2) A cult would have the interests of the followers last since they would be doing dishonest things. They would be a group to put down the JW's and taking a lot of time pulling out hair since they can't find a real legal way to make them stop preaching, ha-ha. They would be more than just frowned upon for making a decision by themselves.

• Bleep
    Bleep

I am not the one who made a topic about cults, why do I have to feel justified to give out my sources?

• Bleep
    Bleep

Quotes has gone to the extreme to prove his opinion that I am slow with the questions. I would never ask those many questions to a person that barely knows what God is. Just saying those strong opinions about JWs will most likely want you to associate them with A Cult. JWs are in a minority and have some Bible principles. But they show love and get along better than any other Religion. Jesus was the minority and had Gods principles when he was on Earth. He was slaughtered by his own people but no one says he was in a Cult.

I will answer your 15 questions when I have time.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I am not the one who made a topic about cults, why do I have to feel justified to give out my sources?

Nobody gives a damn how you feel Bleep, but if you don't quote your sources, your "arguments" hold no water. You're making claims, and when challenged you disappear and start up another inane thread. Have you ever wondered why most people here think you're just an annoying under-educated little troll?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit