Well, well well! Welcome back to the thread, BLEEP! I thought for sure you were not coming back! I was wrong, and I stand corrected!
Since you are back, please answer some questions related to this thread. In your response, so as to avoid confusion and claims to have "not answered the question" please use the same numbers to itemize your responses.
(1) Please list the names of books, periodicals, websites, etc. that you have studied as part of your information gathering to learn about cults.
(2) What do YOU think defines a cult? I mean, a lot of people call different groups "cults" but they each have their own reasons, either correct (i.e. generally accepted reasons) or incorrect (i.e. not generally accepted reasons). So how do YOU define a cult?
(3) Why is it people say "Reverend Jim Jones was a cult leader" or "David Koresh was a cult leader" or "The Branch Davidians is a cult"? What do you think it is about these groups that makes them a "cult" in the opinion of most people?
(4) How would you react to and deal with a close family member who joined, lets say, The Unification Church (a.k.a. The Moonies)? What would you say to that person (if anything)? What if they were quitting their job, or leaving their wife/husband/family, in order to persue The Moonies more intently? What would you do and/or say?
(5) You have posted previously that, in effect, you feel that people are misled by this website, as if it has a mind or agenda of it's own. Do you recognize that this website is only a collection of the postings of hundreds, perhaps thousands of people, like you and me, that are not related to and not controlled by this website in any way? Do you understand that if you see something posted by someone that you don't agree with, you may post your opinion/correction? Do you understand that in order for this to be more educational and meaningful, counter-posts should be very specific and include proof? In other words, it is insufficient for me to post "The moon is made of green cheese" -- I would have to prove it! And if I ignored that requirement for proof, and subsequent requests for proof from other posters, I would probably not win over ANYONE to my opnion with respect to the lunar cheese composition. Do you understand this basic principle of discussion boards like this one?
(6) Do you count the time you spend here as "preaching" on your month-end Publishers Report?
I am glad you are back, and although you have not addressed my previous posts, I am willing to repost this, in simple numbered list format, to make it easier for you to respond. I hope you do, and I eagerly await your response.
P.S. Some have commented on your possible age ("12 years old"), I think, due to your writing style; I have not. I don't know how old you are, and I don't know your educational background, but I have seen many "anti-JW" posters who write at, in my opinion, the same level you do, so don't feel too bad. Personally, I think all should be welcome here, and none should be ridiculed for either their youth, or their lack of education. However, when some one ignores posts and refuses to answer specific questions, they appear to have something to hide. Don't become that type of person.
Edited by - Quotes on 14 August 2002 15:52:22
Edited by - Quotes on 14 August 2002 15:53:30