A Cult

by Beans 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Quotes
    Quotes

We've all heard the expression "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

The BLEEP version should be "If you can't stand the heat of being part of a logical argument, if the discussion seems to be totally flooding your opinion to the point that you don't have a leg to stand on, then get out of the thread and skip over to another thread. In that new thread, post the same tired, threadbare points which have already been exposed as fallacious, illogical, or lies, and hope no one notices the "hot thread" you just got out of. That way you can keep spreading misinformation.... whoops, I mean witnessing, and therefore keep counting your time goofing of on the internet in your monthly Publisher report"

To paraphrase Jimmy Durante, "Goodnight BLEEP, wherever you are."

• Bleep
    Bleep

Quotes,

You might think the version should be the way I post but it would be incorrect. Of course if you went a step farther and said that it is what I am trying to do then that would be slander since it's false and you would be making a false witness.

My expressions come from my own opinion and I have a right to free speech. My rights can be broken by people who love to try and put words into my mouth.

If I feel that the topic was given all possible solutions and people can choose which outcome they want to see it as. Then I was a success in my reason for posting a new topic.

You also added that I spend time "goofing off" here. Of course that is your opinion and does not even make sense for people who think I am not even a Jehovah's Witness. But then the possible outcome that they assumed was that I am only 12 years old and in need of an education. They COULD even say that I can't read and I go to a TV repair class.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Not only COULD I say that you cannot read or that you should take a TV/VCR repair class I will say it: You cannot read and you should take a TV/VCR repair class and while your at it, get your GED.

You are a TROLL Bleep. You post questions so you can answer them with your own drivel! And it is painfully obvious when you cut and past since thats the only time the words are spelled correctly and the grammer is correct! Go hide under a bridge.

• Bleep
    Bleep

I'm not even going to read what you have to say anymore crazydrinker.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Well, well well! Welcome back to the thread, BLEEP! I thought for sure you were not coming back! I was wrong, and I stand corrected!

Since you are back, please answer some questions related to this thread. In your response, so as to avoid confusion and claims to have "not answered the question" please use the same numbers to itemize your responses.

(1) Please list the names of books, periodicals, websites, etc. that you have studied as part of your information gathering to learn about cults.

(2) What do YOU think defines a cult? I mean, a lot of people call different groups "cults" but they each have their own reasons, either correct (i.e. generally accepted reasons) or incorrect (i.e. not generally accepted reasons). So how do YOU define a cult?

(3) Why is it people say "Reverend Jim Jones was a cult leader" or "David Koresh was a cult leader" or "The Branch Davidians is a cult"? What do you think it is about these groups that makes them a "cult" in the opinion of most people?

(4) How would you react to and deal with a close family member who joined, lets say, The Unification Church (a.k.a. The Moonies)? What would you say to that person (if anything)? What if they were quitting their job, or leaving their wife/husband/family, in order to persue The Moonies more intently? What would you do and/or say?

(5) You have posted previously that, in effect, you feel that people are misled by this website, as if it has a mind or agenda of it's own. Do you recognize that this website is only a collection of the postings of hundreds, perhaps thousands of people, like you and me, that are not related to and not controlled by this website in any way? Do you understand that if you see something posted by someone that you don't agree with, you may post your opinion/correction? Do you understand that in order for this to be more educational and meaningful, counter-posts should be very specific and include proof? In other words, it is insufficient for me to post "The moon is made of green cheese" -- I would have to prove it! And if I ignored that requirement for proof, and subsequent requests for proof from other posters, I would probably not win over ANYONE to my opnion with respect to the lunar cheese composition. Do you understand this basic principle of discussion boards like this one?

(6) Do you count the time you spend here as "preaching" on your month-end Publishers Report?

I am glad you are back, and although you have not addressed my previous posts, I am willing to repost this, in simple numbered list format, to make it easier for you to respond. I hope you do, and I eagerly await your response.

P.S. Some have commented on your possible age ("12 years old"), I think, due to your writing style; I have not. I don't know how old you are, and I don't know your educational background, but I have seen many "anti-JW" posters who write at, in my opinion, the same level you do, so don't feel too bad. Personally, I think all should be welcome here, and none should be ridiculed for either their youth, or their lack of education. However, when some one ignores posts and refuses to answer specific questions, they appear to have something to hide. Don't become that type of person.

Edited by - Quotes on 14 August 2002 15:52:22

Edited by - Quotes on 14 August 2002 15:53:30

• Bleep
    Bleep

I have used up all my time with the poll. Tell me what you think of it. Let me get back to you on your questions so I can gather all that info. Thanks for the interest in my opinion. I did not make this thread so I never checked back.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Sorry, I forgot to respond to this:

My expressions come from my own opinion and I have a right to free speech. My rights can be broken by people who love to try and put words into my mouth.

Follow-up question to the above listed questions:

(7) How extensive is your right to free speech? If you felt that you were personally in disagreement about some bible t teaching, (for example, if you recognized that the temple was NOT destroy in 607 BCE but rather in circa 587 BCE, would you have the right to free speech to discuss your opinion and the proof you have for your opinion with the Brothers and Sisters? What do you think about this?

Edited by - Quotes on 14 August 2002 16:9:16

• Bleep
    Bleep

Still printing up your last questions.

There are certain degrees of opinion that should be questioned daily. Just like the opinion of using God's name. If you think that God's name should not be used in the Bible but there are alot of good principles that the JW's bring out, (going public from house to house) then why not at least try to be a JW and then worry about God's name later? Alot of good questions you have, I hope I am making progress with my writing style.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Still printing up your last questions.

Wow, do you actually print out these posts? Ouch, that must use a LOT of paper!

Was your last post in response to question (7)? Please do me a favour and use the numbers so we can all keep track of what-goes-with-what! Thanks.

~Quotes.

• Bleep
    Bleep

A simple letter to the Source would be a good choice in regards to your question of God's Temple. Write a letter to the Watchtower Society.

If that does nothing then you will have to keep it to yourself or try to convince them otherwise that it is true!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit