Pro-Life or Pro-Choice--HELP

by Quincy 123 Replies latest social relationships

• willy_think
    willy_think

Tell her Mom, tell your Mom, tell everyone you know, that you are a proud expecting farther. Don't let this be her dirty little secret. If this is something she is to do to then let her do it in the light. she can claim the right to kill the baby but she can't claim to have the right to make you go through this in a state of shamed desperate silence.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Women are not incubators to have children they don't want and distribute them around the world. Making emotional pleas about "killing children" doesn't change the fact that a half formed fetus is not a living human. Posting dishonest pictures of illegal late term abortions does not change this fact. I'm more than happy to usually stay out of these debates, as long as the civilized world keeps abortion legal, all this is merely pissing in the wind.

Edited by - Naeblis on 10 August 2002 3:0:12

• willy_think
    willy_think

If you ask any cop what is absolute proof of a persons identity they will tell you a DNA test. Test the fetus (not to be confused with the old person, the middle-aged person, adult person young person, child, toddler, baby, infant, premie) and you find that it's not the mother at all. DNA tests will not show age but they will show who the parents of the person being tested are without doubt.

Cancer cells don't do that, cancer has no individually unique makeup and parentage, only a person does at every level of development.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Quincy,

Tell her Mom, tell your Mom, tell everyone you know, that you are a proud expecting farther. Don't let this be her dirty little secret. If this is something she is to do to then let her do it in the light. she can claim the right to kill the baby but she can't claim to have the right to make you go through this in a state of shamed desperate silence.

I agree with willy_think 100% here. And I go along with those who say you shouldn't have to pay for something you personally oppose. I am absolutely pro-life (even in cases of rape or incest and I don't care who jumps me on that). A woman might say that she was raped and needn't have the additional punishment of carrying the rapist's child to term. My response would be that the child commited no crime and doesn't deserve the death penalty as a result. And she can always adopt the child out. How many loving couples wait for years to adopt, all the while hearing how x number of babies were aborted in y year?

When I first married and my wife found out we were pregnant she thought sure I was going to leave her. Where she got that idea from I can't remember. Sure, we were young (25 and 23) when my oldest daughter was born. I drove 250 miles a week to work for $3.35/hour (1982 dollars) and she stayed home. (No guarenteed 40 hours/week either.) The point being even with that and no insurance I never considered an abortion. The oldest graduated high school two months ago and her sister will be a junior in high school.

Enough of that. You, Quince, are the only person you have to live with every day of your life out of the six billion plus on this planet. Whatever you do, make sure you can look at yourself in the mirror next day without shame for your decisions. I commend you for wanting to raise the child alone. You'll find a way--and maybe meet someone more mature in the bargain.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Pregnancy can be prevented now, even after a sex act.

All women should be aware of, and take advantage of that fact. There is no more excuse for unwanted pregnancy in first world countries.

It's sad when something as fixable as ignorance leads to heartache.

• amac
    amac

Naeblis -

Whether or not it is a living human is completely beside the point (and completely arguable.) Unless you have had children or aborted a child it is difficult to understand. But there are natural bonds formed immediately with a forming child.

I really don't see Quincy's predicament and the advice given as pissing in the wind.

• Xander
    Xander
    a DNA test. Test the fetus and you find that it's not the mother at all.

This is a stupid argument, and I think you know it is. Go ahead - TEST a cancer cell. Does it have the same DNA as the human host? Well, actually - NO! Or it wouldn't be cancerous, now would it?

How about a cell infected with, say, the HIV virus. Is the DNA in the cell the exact same as the human host? Again - NO!

Does this mean, on the basis of the DNA not matching the host, that HIV infected cells and cancer cells are a living organisms and have an equal right to life?

Ummm...HELL NO!

Let's face it, every day we make decisions ALL THE TIME that kill organisms (IE., bacteria, cells, organized group of cells, etc.).

Why does the fact that a fetus - MIGHT - be born and become a human being (there really isn't any guarantee) - make it deserve special consideration?

I mean, when talking about the woman here, we are talking about ONE single sentient human being, no?

EDIT to reply:

how about if your mother terminated your life, wouldn't that have been unfair?

Why? If the group of cells she allowed to grow into a baby and be born as me was aborted instead, are there not many more who are not? Why assume that my consciousness could only come into being in that particular womb from that particular parent? Could not another combination of parents and genetics resulted in 'me'?

Edited by - Xander on 10 August 2002 14:24:16

• Quincy
    Quincy

To all....thank you all for your imput on my situation...I talked it over with her again last night...now she is considering not having the aborition because now we started talking about the unborn child...now she is starting to consider my feelings as well...I told her that if she didnt want to keep it I have my older brother Mister Biggs and older sister Nakita that would adopt it...but then she say to me she would want us to raise it...I explained to her...I think her mom would be a little upset at first because she is just a recent college grad...but then I say to her...well we have known eacother since the 4th grade and her mother really really loves me...Thank you for all of your help in giving me advice and everything...I will keep everyone posted regaurding the situation...hopefully she will go thru with the pregnancy....Q

• Quincy
    Quincy

Also too I say to her...I will pay for anything she needs...anything....but I do not want to pay for an abortion...that kind of made her see the light too a little bit...so we will see what happens....Q

• Nikita
    Nikita

((((((((((((((((Little brother))))))))))))))))))

Love you- and let her know if she needs anyone to talk with, I will be happy to listen or help in anyway I can.

Love,

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit