Pro-Life or Pro-Choice--HELP

by Quincy 123 Replies latest social relationships

You are a class act! - - amac

Thanks, but certain truths are self-evident - no need to remind us all of indisputable fact.

For starters, I am far from a right wing zealot. - - amac

That's what George Bush Jr. said, but his actions speak otherwise. Similarly, you're no right wing zealot, but the stance you take on the abortion issue is consistent with that of the right wing zealots. A leopard can't hide his spots, amac, and you have right wing zealot printed all over you.

No, my view is that it is a decision to be considered by all parties involved, male and female. Your view seems to be that it should just be the female. I say that if it took two to create the situation, those same two need to figure out how to handle it and take everything into consideration, including health risks.

Here is where your male chauvinist side rears its head for all to see. Sure, it took two to create the situation, but now that the situation has been created, you believe that the party who will not feel the pain of labor or be subject to its risks ought to have some sort of say in a decision as to whether another person will go through labor and its risks. Why should a man have any say as to what risks and pain a woman will experience? Is that the reward for the irresponsible male; power over another's body? You are a neanderthal, buddy, old in thought and decomposing in gray matter.

Because I called you a Femi-Nazi my post is ad hominem? I just read my post again and I clearly stated my argument. It was far from an "ad hominem" attack.

Yes, name calling and comparing me to intellectuals you despise (i.e. Berkeley reference) are certainly indicators of an ad hominem attack, and were the basis for my response in kind. If you want to start off your discussion with me in as rude a manner as you did, you ought to expect a similar response. But your response is consistent with the macho man mentality of your earlier post. Good day, neanderthal!

• amac
    amac
    you believe that the party who will not feel the pain of labor or be subject to its risks ought to have some sort of say in a decision as to whether another person will go through labor and its risks.

Yes, they should be involved with the decision. A considerate person would take to heart the feelings of the person they "buddied" up with to create a life.

Why should a man have any say as to what risks and pain a woman will experience?

Because they both consented to perform an act that may result in a human life that belongs to both of them. I don't buy the school of thought that because a woman bears all the burden of child birth that she is also entitled to determine the fate of the child without at least taking to heart the input of the other parent. If she didn't want to bother with the opinion of another person, then she should have stuck with either masturbation or artificial insemination.

Is that the reward for the irresponsible male; power over another's body?

Why is it always the "irresponsible male" and not the "irresponsible couple" in your posts? Again, you seem to think the woman is completely free of blame and/or responsibility. Is this because you are extremely left wing, or do you just hate men? It's hard to tell, being that my gray matter is decomposing so fast. And I have never stated that he should have any power over her or her body, only input (and as much input as he feels necessary to convey his point since he does have no actual power.)

But your response is consistent with the macho man mentality of your earlier post.

Well that's probably the first time I have ever been thrown in the "macho man" category. Who woulda thought? And I don't even like beer!!

I won't respond to your personal attacks with the same. I only called you a name in my initial response to you because I was appalled that you would come on to a thread where a man was concerned about the life of his child and immediately post that he was irresponsible and it was his fault that an abortion was necessary. A quote follows.

the situation is entirely your fault. Hopefully you'll learn from this mistake and become more responsible in the future.

In all my posts I have tried to clearly state my opinion on the matter, whereas you have relied on personal attacks and insults, trying to stir up typical anti-male emotions by using buzzwords such as "chauvinist", "neanderthal", "old school", etc, etc. You have even gone so far as to incorrectly state my views (example below) on things to correlate the false tags you have given. Very poor taste.

You are from the old school of thought, where women were nothing but chattel. Your neanderthal view is that men should be able to impose their will on women, notwithstanding the fact that such will is likely to impose a great deal of pain and even the risk of death on the woman. You and your fascist right wing bible thumper ilk...

Good day, indeed!
  • Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Sorry, but I dont think a fetus without a brain is going to have any life. If this situation was switched and it was MEN who had to deal with pregnancy there would be no problems with abortion. This whole subject is a continual oppression of women by men. I hate ABORTION, But I'll be damned if Im going to start telling people what to do with their bodies.

I only called you a name in my initial response to you because I was appalled that you would come on to a thread where a man was concerned about the life of his child and immediately post that he was irresponsible and it was his fault that an abortion was necessary. - - amac

Amac,

That "man" chose to publicize his conduct by posting it here and should expect many to view his conduct as irresponsible. I hold to that view; men have every ability to prevent the situation at issue here and shouldn't try to impose their holier-than-thou moral viewpoints on others (i.e. Quincy's girlfriend) who have been adversely affected by their own lack of morality/responsibility.

You chose to initiate your dialogue with me by hurling insults and name calling, as you've acknowledged here. It's unfortunate that you chose to communicate with me in this manner. However, I work in a very hostile setting all day, so I'm used to taking it and dishing it out. Next time you ought to exercise a little caution before striking out at others.

• amac
    amac

That was a weak last stab.

You chose to initiate your dialogue with me by hurling insults and name calling, as you've acknowledged here. It's unfortunate that you chose to communicate with me in this manner. However, I work in a very hostile setting all day, so I'm used to taking it and dishing it out. Next time you ought to exercise a little caution before striking out at others.

Talk about holier-than-thou attitude! "Hurling insults and name calling" is an exaggeration. I called you one name, and asked if you were from Berkeley (in reference to your extreme left viewpoint.) I have no problems with Berkeley, I buy lots of good records there.

What is unfortunate, is that you cannot discuss this issue without the focus of your posts being on personal attacks. Maybe you should change jobs.

Next time you ought to exercise a little caution before striking out at others.
    Likewise.

Talk about holier-than-thou attitude! "Hurling insults and name calling" is an exaggeration. I called you one name, and asked if you were from Berkeley (in reference to your extreme left viewpoint.) I have no problems with Berkeley, I buy lots of good records there. - - amac
    One disrespectful incident is enough, asshole (although there are two, ya blockhead). If you hadn't been an asshole in the first place, the dialogue wouldn't have degenerated to the low point it's at. ; </P> 
    You call me "extreme left," but folks on both sides of the political spectrum support the right of a woman to choose and be free from overbearing, bible-thumping, weak-minded men who attempt to coerce women to act in a manner consistent with their own ignorant beliefs. Your dated thiking speaks for itself; you ought to check out some old folks homes to find one that's comfortable and has some female servants to wait on you. <P>You and the rest of the pro-lifers scream about saving children, yet you would not likely be one to adopt one of the multitudes of unwanted babies that would be born in the event ilk similarly disposed as you got their way. Fortunately, the dark ages are behind us, as is your extremist mentality.
  • amac
    amac

If you would take the time to read my posts rather than just stewing on how to reply in a nasty way and what expletives to use in reference to me, than you would see that I am not against the legality of abortion. I am not interested in forcing my opinion on people's actions. All I can do is state the way I feel about the morality and hope it has some effect.

You can continue to make false generalizations about me to try and weight your (non-existing) argument, but it is evident that you are relying on stirring emotions rather than discussing anything.

I found this little bit quite ironic...

One disrespectful incident is enough, asshole
    Keep it up!

Yes, indeed, how ironic that you seem to think that you can arbitrarily engage in name-calling and not expect a hostile response. Acrackhead, you are indeed a jackass. "Keep it up!"

• amac
    amac

Actually, the name I used was not chosen arbitrarily. I asked if you were a "Femi-Nazi" because the term seemed to fit your initial post which was a hostile, heavily weighted left wing viewpoint.

Acrackhead, you are indeed a jackass.

Such wit! Acrackhead...what a play on the name amac, it even shares some of the same letters!

Edited by - amac on 19 August 2002 18:20:58

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Wow, abortion discussion ends in name calling, go figure...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit