Is it really so? Is there an inner circle here?

by Celtic 60 Replies latest jw friends

• detective
    detective

I tend to agree with the "who cares?" sentiment. I've never met anyone from this board. Some people here have met each other and I'm sure some bonds have been formed as a result but it's pretty much irrelevent in my opinion. This board is just a part of my life. Generally speaking, I'm more concerned with the people who are in my everyday life. People I can see and talk to and touch- now that's where my priorities lie. This board can be a great place to visit. It's a great place to learn new things, maybe offer a little comfort and possibly blow off a little steam. It's a valuable resource certainly. But I would hope that I didn't put so much stock in people that I've never met that I forget to keep a healthy perspective on what this place really is- an online posting board. It doesn't define me. And if someone is so wrapped up in being defined by an online posting board then....well, they might want to take a break and rethink their priorities.

In crowds and elitism here... it really doesn't matter when you turn the computer off at the end of the day.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Oh, I was just curious that's all.

• dubla
    dubla

I bet y'all can guess what the SECOND rule is!

if its your first day on the board, you have to fight? oh wait, thats the final rule........

aa

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well if you ask the opposition on the Anti board, Satans board, they will tell you I am a poster of ultimate evil, a rabid dog, a member of a secret "Inner clique" that actually directs Simons actions and that acts in collusion with Simons plans, a clique that is his "terrorist pack" that attempts to run "free speech exponents" ,(like the Norwegians), off this board.

In fact. As is often the case in human psychology, those who make these accusations are actually projecting THEIR OWN INTENTIONS onto others.

They practise themselves,that which they accuse others of. Its sort of like Joe Rutherford constantly writing about deceptive, history fabricating archeologists. He was well experienced in that which he accused others of.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

well said incense, I could never get into the clique in my cong. Even though there is a human desire to belong, some people take that too far. I think everyone here is treated pretty equally and there are so many diverse viewpoints and personalities here so nobody should feel left out. I think that some people always crave more attention than they get though.

My advice to those who want to make friends is to just be nice to others here, feel concerned about other people's problems and then make your feelings known. Making friends takes time, people need to know what you're all about, so keep posting and trust me you'll feel better.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

..."i don't understand all of this "i made jedi" thing, so pat me on the back. woo-hoo"....

IP. Does this mean you dont want me to post your Jedi thread??

Its a fact that there are factions, if you want to call them that,on the board, who hate each others living guts . Ive been watching the postings between these factions a good while now and Ive come to the conclusion that neither faction is scoring any points with the mass of posters here. The vast majority simply couldnt give a rats butt about the "War" .

Long live the vast MAJORITY!! Smarter than all the faction members by a mile.

Edited by - refiners fire on 8 August 2002 19:22:54

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Well if you ask the opposition on the Anti board, Satans board,

LMAO!

they will tell you I am a poster of ultimate evil, a rabid dog, a member of a secret "Inner clique" that actually directs Simons actions

hahahahahahahaha.. It's sad, But true...sigh

poor refiners aka leader of the pack

• tdogg
    tdogg

Yeeesss massster Refiners Fire. What is your bidding oh great one. I am at your comaaaannd. (Standing with glazed look in eyes.)

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Palm. Youre opinion doesnt count, the "vast majority" know you are a member of the "rabid dog" pack. By the way, we just initiated Beck Melbourne into the "rabid dog" pack as well. Considering it was implied she was a member, she decided she might as well sign up and be hung as a "rabid dog", rather than a lamb.

I hope celtic doesnt mind me posting in his thread.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

sorry I don't know what came over me. goes back to corner, sharpens eye teeth wags tail and welcomes Beck with open arms

Edited by - plmkrzy on 8 August 2002 19:34:2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit