The Bible is NOT Error-Free

by FusionTheism 174 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

The bible is either true or it is not. There cannot be some strange middle ground. If God is like a man that can make errors in his writings then God is my equal and should I meet him I will beat the hell out of him.

If you are willing to admit the bible has errors then it is only a very small step (soon to be taken I suspect) to realizing it's all a bunch of horse shit. Why would an omnipotent, omniscient God leave his perfect fallible word? 😂

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Luke 6:10 "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.

The Bible fails by it's own words.

Nuff said.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    Viviane You wrote: 2 days ago

I like this. First, claim "People don't know what a word means", like this...

Simon, you like many others don't know what inspired means

Then, proceed to tell us what someone, who you've never met, talked to, nor who wrote down what he meant, actually meant, like this...

Prior to my writing that, I heard an interview on youtube with Kris Kristopherson and he was telling about how his song "Why Me Lord" was inspired by Larry Gatlin's singing "Help Me". He heard Larry sing and that gave him the idea for his song. There is a movie that says "Inspired by a true story". Thus, that is what the word 'inspired' means. Where the idea for the writing came from. Nothing to do with infallibility or God.

I wrote about Paul's statement because I am so tired of people saying that Paul was inspired of God because he wrote that All Scripture is inspired of God. It obviously does not include his own writings.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Paul did not write 2nd Timothy according to most N.T Scholars, and many other of "Paul's" letters are considered Deutero-Pauline too. But I take your point, the writer/forger of 2 Timothy did not claim his own writing was inspired by God.

The fact that much of the N.T, (a majority?) is Pseudepigraphic denies any connection to a God of Truth.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"I wrote about Paul's statement because I am so tired of people saying that Paul was inspired of God because he wrote that All Scripture is inspired of God. It obviously does not include his own writings."

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂..... "Obviously" dosent mean what you think it means... Obviously.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Let's not forget the ancient city of Tyre, boys and girls.

For a city that the Bible said would never be rebuilt, it sure shows up on Google Maps quickly enough.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I wrote about Paul's statement because I am so tired of people saying that Paul was inspired of God because he wrote that All Scripture is inspired of God. It obviously does not include his own writings.

But what you wrote is something you made up with no way to verify it. Kris Kristofferson told us where he got his ideas. No such luck with Bible writers or Paul.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Among other things, Judge and scorer of above 98% in the LSAT, Cofty aka Vivian?, whether anyone at all endorses or believes in the Bible's moral code that you do not like, does not affect the Bible in the least as being inspired by God or not being inspired by God.

I've no idea what madness your on about. LSAT? Me and Cofty? The Biblical moral code? I've no idea how in your head you are stringing these things together or what you mean.

IF you need some help with your mental problems resulting from your fears, go to a doctor. IF you have a problem with the liberty that people enjoy in believing in the Bible's moral code, tough for you, and whether you like it or not, in the USA that liberty is the law of the land.

Look, just because you endorse a pro-rape and pro-rape moral code and can't defend it, that's no reason to go around saying ridiculous things. Also, you clearly don't like what I am saying, so, tough for you. Liberty and all that.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I trust that you mean that Viv and you are different posters with no relationship whatsoever. If that is what you are saying, I trust your word, and thank you for your kind clarification.

Unless, of course, we are the same person and just a proxy to post from different continents depending upon which account is being used.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I hope not Viv, I have this vision of a very intelligent and beautiful woman in my mind for you, your Avatar is surely a true likeness.

Cofty, on the other hand, is a crusty old Scot, and male to boot. I like the old acerbic sod, but just because two people pop up on this Board with similarly clear thinking, rational views, it surely cannot mean they are one and the same person ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit