The Bible is NOT Error-Free

by FusionTheism 174 Replies latest watchtower bible

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

....view the Bible as containing the Gospel Message of salvation, and the teachings of Jesus, which are infallible, but the rest of the Bible can (and does!) contain many copyist errors, and perhaps, historical or scientific mistakes.

Jesus believed in the myth of Noah and the Flood:

"Everybody kept on eating and drinking, men and women married, up to the very day Noah went into the ark and the Flood came and killed them all" (Luke 17:27)

Jesus was a false prophet according to the Gospels:

Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. (Matthew 24:34)

• MadGiant
    MadGiant
    You don't get to say what is logical, inspired or not, whatever it suits your needs. You have to peak a side. It's one or the other. You should dump whatever holly book you are clinging to become their is not a holly book in the world that make any kind of sense without first subscribing to illogical thinking in order to make your book possible.

Look at your book, you will find passages about the killing of homosexuals, genocide and wearing lining and wool together. Or your dog sending a she bear to kill children.

Take care,

Ismael
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"The bible is not error free"

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!! Call the paramedics! Elizabeth im commin. Its the big one!!!!!

seriously FT, is this news? Is it ground breaking...? Also if the bible is not error free why do you follow it at all....?

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    If the Bible is not inspired then it is a bunch of lies when it records the accounts about God's communication with man. If it is inspired, it means that there is personal accountability with one's conduct to the God of the Bible .
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    If the Bible is not inspired then it is a bunch of lies when it records the accounts about God's communication with man.

Yeah, you pretty much it the nail on the head there.

If it is inspired, it means that there is personal accountability with one's conduct to the God of the Bible .

So you're in favor of a rapist being able to buy his rape victim and rape her as often as he likes? You're in favor of the death penalty for eating shrimp and bacon? Hmm... didn't peg you as the pro-rape, anti-bacon kind.

Well, that's Christian logic for you. The Bible is either lies or you're pro-rape and anti-bacon. Of course, however, we know the Bible is a bunch of lies because bacon is goddamn delicious.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Yeah, you pretty much it the nail on the head there.

Oh, no ifs for you. You know. What are you worried about then, sugar bear?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Oh, no ifs for you. You know. What are you worried about then, sugar bear?

Mainly running into you in a dark alley since you're pro-rape and all. I mean, you already creepily call women by pet names when you don't know them. It's not much of a jump, more of a skip, really, to be worried since you already endorse pro-rape morals.

Also, I never said "if". You did. Quit blaming your mistakes on women. That's a common misogynistic trait.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

When Paul wrote that All scripture is inspired, he meant that the preChristian writings got their ideas from events that had to do with God and his people of the past, along with the inspired prophets.

Really? Where is your evidence to support this claim? The Bible states:

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

Seems a bit of a tall order to get all of that just from relaying events to do with God and his people!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Also, I never said "if"

Again genius. You know. Relax. Tell it to the judge.

By the way, scorer of "above 98 percent" (whatever that means) in the LSAT, you called me sugar bear in another thread, just addressing you with the same sweet darling greeting that you addressed me

Anyway, tell it to the judge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit