The Bible is NOT Error-Free

by FusionTheism 174 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"I actually have come to value kindness, hope, and love equally as much as truth. If there is no God and there is no afterlife, with no judgment on whether I believed in facts or falsehoods, shouldn't kindness and happiness take priority over truth?" - FT

NOTHING should take priority over truth. Kindness and happiness are not possible without truth.

DD

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Look, just because you endorse a pro-rape and pro-rape moral code and can't defend it, that's no reason to go around saying ridiculous things. Also, you clearly don't like what I am saying, so, tough for you. Liberty and all that-Vivian

What does that have to do with the Bible being inspired?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Fisherman: "What does that have to do with the Bible being inspired?"

Is this inspired?

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. - Deuteronomy 22:28-29 New International Version

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Is this inspired?

"28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. - Deuteronomy 22:28-29 New International Version"

If t is, It means that God is the author of that law.

If it is not, it means that God in not the author of that law.

But regardless of anyone's view today about that law, does not invalidate the Bible from being inspired.

• azor
    azor
    How convenient. You are a piece of work fisherman.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

How convenient. You are a piece of work fisherman.-azor

How does your remark towards me invalidate that the Bible is inspired?

• azor
    azor
    You have to prove its inspiration. Claiming such does not make it so.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

If the Bible is inspired then god inspired it in order to bring about wars and tragedy in the name of the religion supporting it. God must have inspired it to form dangerous cults.

Anyway, my day begins. Work starts and thoughts of the weird god of any so called holy book are replaced with reports, spreadsheets and 'valued customers'.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

You have to prove its inspiration. -azor

Why?. onus probandi. How does your shifting the burden of proof to me invalidate the Bible from being inspired ?

Claiming such does not make it so. -azor

How does asserting that I claim that the Bible is inspired invalidate the BIble from being inspired?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Again, then: Cofty aka Vivian?
    And I am not the only poster on this Forum that has stated this suspicion. And not because of any similarities in thinking. Cofty's posts are logical. Vivian's post are remarks, deliberately disruptive, obfuscating, assertive, divertive, as if a device by another poster to MANipulate the thread.

Oh, look at that. A MANs posts are logical. A woman's, emotive and disruptive...

Could you be any more misogynist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit