I had breakfast with 50+ JWs on Sunday

by zimunzucz 46 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The only time they took off the name tags was in the swimming pool-

I may make a small fortune selling waterproof name tags on a lanyard to hang around the neck so you can wear it in the swimming pool, at your baptism, in the shower after your Watchtower-approved sex with your spouse. Heck, you can swing it around onto your back and wear it during that sex and right straight into the shower.

I hope one of those kids makes it out.

I am confident that one of those kids will make it out, actually more than one. And you will have some part in that. Totally awesome.

• krejames
    krejames
    WOW! Full of admiration here. That was brave.
  • zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

I rode the elevator a few times with a full car of JWs- they heard me tell them about the "special 1914-2014 talk", too. They just silently hung their heads. On my final trip back up to the 4th floor, I was standing next to a handsome lad almost 6ft tall.

How old are you?

"I'm 12".

How long have you been going to the KH?

"a couple years."

He gets off at at the next floor by himself and I step off with him. I talk to him for a minute and share some "WT secrets"- he looks very interested. I pull out my notepad and write down the 2 website addresses and he eagerly takes them.

I leave him with this warning-- "don't ever let them talk you into getting baptized. You can be anything you want to be."

He had a smile on his face as I got back on the elevator.

• oppostate
    oppostate

The correct term in Spanish is "cojones." *

And by your actions, Zimunzucs, they seem marinated in chutzpah!

I hope your effort to approach Witnesses with thought provoking questions will pay-off and result in many of them becoming awake!

*(cajones means big wooden boxes, the reference to testicular enormity and prowess should be "cojones" with "co" not "ca").

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Wow, just wow!! One of the best experiences of witnessing I've ever heard! It is my hope that someday soon one of those in your audience will log on here and relate how they learned "the truth about the truth" from someone they heard talk at a hotel. Perhaps that 12 year old boy.

Well done.

Reopened Mind

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Wow.
  • flipper
    flipper
    ZIM- Just freaking fantastic ! Well done indeed ! As you mentioned you just never know how many of those JW teenagers will look up JWFacts on line and bolt for freedom of mind. The more of us that do this- the more people WILL be informed
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wow.

Calm, cool, and collected is definately the way to play it; completely shatters the "crazy-ass raving demonized apostate" stereotype.

Know what else is good? Acting hurt rather than angry... hmm, probably don't need to act, actually (just don't lay it on too thick).

Anybody asks if you're an "apostate", just say, "no, but your religion has hurt my family so much"...

x

Lying about shunning was the real kicker for me.

One again, for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

disposable hero of hypocricy - "As has already been mentioned, you sir, have impressively large testicles."...

..."ladies"...

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant
    Ha! I know you can't see the big smile on my face, but thanks for putting it there! I hope you count the time you "witnessed" to the flock.....it was time well spent. I'll bet your experience is not related from the stage at the convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit