I had breakfast with 50+ JWs on Sunday

by zimunzucz 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Thier needs to be a lot more people like this and his tactics are much better then standing on the street with a sign or a loud speaker.
  • kaik
    kaik

Love it!

The best is to use their literature against them, dig some old print from WT.

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz
    I have some of the oldest literature- even the 1925 WT book, The Way to Paradise. That's the one where they predict that in 1926 undertakers will be out of business, because no more people will be dying. As far as I know, no JW has left the KH after I have showed him that page in that book. Same with my very old 1920 WT. I don't know what keeps JW coming back to the KH today. It's not the Sunday brunch.
  • kaik
    kaik
    My mom is witness for 40 years, but I think she was studying with them through my relatives already in the 1950's or so. My relatives are three four generations of JWs. Over the time, my mom accumulated all these WT publications and she got them bounded and has them in her bookcase. Her elders asked her several times to surrender these prints, and even sent my cousins to acquired from them. Couple months ago, my mom asked me what to do, she does not want to give up old publications and even my sibling accused her that she keeps apostate literature. My advice was to give it to national archives or university instead. I am not surprised that witnesses are extremely reluctant to acknowledge mistakes from their old prints, but they still consider their organization as a God's channel of communication. They will never learn, but it is always good to use their BS for counter-argument(s).
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Well kaik, the publications would be safe if they were in your hands! But I bet the elders are worried about exactly that!!

i just thought of some old publications I once saw that were painstakingly handwritten on tiny pieces of paper for sneaking into soviet prisons from the 50's. I wonder if they are trying to destroy even those as apostate literature!! Bizarre.

• kaik
    kaik

Faye, back in the Czechoslovakia under commies, the publications were done on the xerox or some kind of hard film, that was like scroll because they were not cut or assembled into notepad format (around 1975-1980). Later they came printed on yellow paper without pictures in small A4 notepad format. However, I remember books were always bound with pictures as far as 1970's and blue cover. My mom has these WT printed on yellow paper bound, because over time the were falling apart for that reason. I believe she has these on the xerox foils in her basement in the box if they did not fade completely. Last time I was at her place, she still kept my WTs from 25 years ago with my notes in it and she tried to leave them with me. Wasn't sure it that was an attempt on her side for me to see what I have missed or not.

During the 50's JWs depended on books published immediately after war and prior WWII. In Czechoslovakia, JWs were legal in interwar period as it was parliamentary democracy, and immediately after war until communist takeover in 1948. JWs were outlawed later in 1950 during the crackdown against all religions under Stalinist regime. We had one old JW who had these books visible at her bookshelf like Harp of God printed in 1920's and entire Rutherford collection - all in Czech language, but she never allowed anyone to read it or borrow it. During liberal 1960's and under Prague Spring events, communist regime tolerated JWs and I do not remember ever my mom had issue with the regime for being JW.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Thanks kaik. It's ironic to me that publications under ban in soviet control are now hunted down in a witch hunt by their own publisher.

Why? Oh, let's review...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit