CULT CULT CULT

by minimus 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

That's one thing I like about the new board. It's very easy now to go back and look at someone's first (or early posts). But then I've always been a history buff .

• Francois
    Francois

I have recently put up the results of some quick research into the characteristics of a cult:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/48024/1.ashx

That JWs constitute a cult is beyond debate in my opinion. They certainly talk the talk and they certainly walk the walk.

There is no justification for "bristling" at the truth of the matter, since that merely injects an emotional element into an otherwise cold, rational consideration of the question. Whether or not other religions, social movements, political parties, etc. also constitute cults is not at issue when considering whether or not Jehovah's Witnesses constitute a cult. They do, and they do by definition constitute a cult.

francois, of the "Calling A Spade A Spade" class

• minimus
    minimus

According to John Ankerberg, Roman Catholicism is a cult. Do you agree? Webster defines cult this way: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also: its body of adherents, a religion regarded as unorthordox or spurious.

• minimus
    minimus

I bring this thread back because some JWs that are frequenting this site cannot see that JWs are a cult. I HATED the thought that I belonged to a cult, especially when I first got here but the overwhelming truth is that they are a cult. They define "cult" by their many characteristics. Sometimes we have to admit and accept that we were wrong.

• greendawn
    greendawn

To me the main characteristic of cults is the use of intense psychological pressure on members, making sacred cows out of its leaders, and interfering with the free flow of information, and the JWs manifest all of these.

• minimus
    minimus

What the GB has masterfully done is make the "faithful and discreet slave" the "sacred cow". But "who really is that slave"? The definition of the "Slave" is confusing at best and illogical. Yet, millions of JWs give their loyalty to this entity.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I guess this 4 y.o. thread puts to rest the question of whether farkel/minimus/et al, have changed over the last four years. hehe.

• magoo
    magoo

..............i think i see a little grey startin' to show in minimus' red dot

magoo

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'm amazed mini... your original post on this thread wasn't in the form of a question!

• minimus
    minimus

You see......this site has helped me too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit