ON MARCH 26,1918 SATAN WAS HURLED DOWN TO THE EART

by minimus 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

w60 4/15 249 Part 36: "Your Will Be Done on Earth" ***
    The main one behind this shattering of Jehovah’s holy ones was Satan the Devil, who claims possession of all the kingdoms of this world and their glory. (Matt. 4:8, 9; Luke 4:5, 6) In 1914, when Michael stood up, the war in heaven was begun to oust the Devil and his demons. He was defeated by Michael, and there is Scriptural reason to believe that by the time of the annual celebration of the Lord’s evening meal on March 26, 1918, Satan the Devil was hurled down to the earth.

*** ka 351-2 17 The "Slave" Who Lived to See the "Sign" ***

42 Let us reflect a moment on the case of Jesus’ apostles. Three and a half years after being baptized in the Jordan River, Jesus Christ was betrayed in the garden of Gethsemane. He quoted from the prophecy of Zechariah 13:7 and foretold what would happen to his apostles, saying: "All of you will be stumbled in connection with me on this night, for it is written, ‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered about.’ But after I have been raised up, I will go ahead of you into Galilee." (Matthew 26:31, 32) Jesus’ application of Zechariah’s prophecy to his apostles proved true on that same night of Nisan 14, 33 C.E., for the account in Matthew 26:56 tells what occurred after Jesus’ betrayal: "Then all the disciples abandoned him and fled." His "sheep" were indeed scattered.

In parallel fashion, three and a half years after the close of the Gentile Times and Christ’s enthronement in the heavens in 1914 C.E., there came the annual celebration of the Lord’s Supper on Tuesday, March 26, 1918. The scattering of the heavenly Shepherd’s "sheep" was then nearing its climax, and The Watch Tower, under date of March 1, 1918, in its first paragraph of the leading article "In Memory of Our King," said: "Whether the coming Memorial will be the last on earth, we do not, of course, know; but we do know that we are one year nearer the full consummation of our hopes. If it please the Lord to have us celebrate this Memorial other years, then we shall do so gladly." The outlook blackened as prominent ones of the Watch Tower Society who had to do with the feeding of the heavenly Shepherd’s "sheep" were arrested, unfairly tried and sentenced to many years in Federal Penitentiary. It was not then appreciated that Zechariah 13:7 was being fulfilled.

• minimus
    minimus

Thanx Blondie for that verification. It is no wonder why you are so well loved.

• Viperinus
    Viperinus

If it took 3 1/2 years for Satan to get booted out of heaven - how long is Armageddon going to take, when JC got to catch and bind him for 1000 years. Might stretch out to a good decade after it starts - that'll be a good party.

Si

• rocketman
    rocketman
    get his wind back. WW2 sapped him. So it ended in the late forties. Then he rested for a few yrs. It seems he can't manage anymore worldwide conflicts, only regional ones. I wonder why that is.

Great stuff SS!

Of course, it could be his age. He is an old dude. A good fight like the 1914 Thrilla In The Heavens can take a lot out of you. Ali and Frazier were never the same. Maybe Satan T. Debbil was by then over the hill too.

• heathen
    heathen

Yep just found my live forever book . Right there on page22 paragraph 18 . Blueblades --- I think the WTBTS likes to use revelation :11:15 to claim that jesus was not king prior to 1914 . You are right that jesus said he was given all authority prior to his assention . I personally don't think that scripture is saying that jesus gets crowned king at that time but the time for him to exercise judicial and executive powers in behalf of his followers and the message of the messianic kingdom has reached the four corners of the earth . I just found in the live forever book pg141 paragraph 21 where they make the statement that JC didn't rule as king in heaven until 1914. That can easily be proven a fallacy .

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Okay, if Satan was up in heaven until 1918, or 1914, or whatever, who the hell was talking to Eve in the Garden of Eden? Are snakes Satan's "Earthly Channel"?

Heheh, "The Faithful and Discreet Snake"

• heathen
    heathen

Nosferatu---- The WTBTS teaches that satan and the demons were capable of traveling between heaven and earth from the beginning of their existence until 1914 when they were imprisoned on earth and can no longer leave the confines of earth to bother the angels in heaven . So now the only revenge they can seek is to wreak havoc on the earthly representatives of christ .

• Viperinus
    Viperinus

Not all of us snakes are bad

• minimus
    minimus

Ummm, Has anyone seen Satan lately?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The WTBTS teaches that satan and the demons were capable of traveling between heaven and earth from the beginning of their existence until 1914

Okay, now what does the bible teach? Also, why the hell doesn't Jesus come down once in a while to say hi to all his buddies in Brooklyn?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit