ON MARCH 26,1918 SATAN WAS HURLED DOWN TO THE EART

by minimus 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

The WTBTS gets its dates by multiplying numbers in the Bible by numbers not in the Bible (such as 7 x 360 = 2520) and then subtracting from them numbers which have no historical significance at all (606 BCE) in order to come up with a number they want to tout as of tremendous importance (1914).

When it's pointed out that there was no Year 0, these experts in Bible chronology change the number that has no historical significance at all to a different number that has no historical significance at all (607 BCE) to arrive at the same number as before (1914).

Then they ridicule everyone else in the world for not acknowledging the invisible significance of the final number (1914) and ignore the fact that for the first 50+ years of their history, they were touting a totally different number (1874) and ridiculing the rest of the world for not acknowledging the invisible significance of that number which they now acknowledge had no significance whatever.

Hope this helps, and stay alive 'til '75!

• minimus
    minimus

Ding, well stated!

• minimus
    minimus

This should help out for the person that recently asked this question.

• minimus
    minimus

Quite a long time from the initial hurling to the landing, huh?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Don't forget to keep shouting a "scriptural rule" from one part of the Bible that should be applied to other parts of the Bible whenever they feel like it, but not whenever it doesn't help the math- "A DAY FOR A YEAR, A DAY FOR A YEAR."

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Bookmarked - wow!

• minimus
    minimus

I appreciate that in the good old days, the Society knew every date---not just year of an important event. (Gee, I miss that).

• minimus
    minimus

btt

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Satan was thrown down in the first century Jesus him self said so;

John 12:29-32

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

29 The crowd standing there heard it and said it was thunder. Others said that an angel had spoken to Him.

30 Jesus responded, “This voice came, not for Me, but for you. 31 Now is the judgment of this world. Now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 As for Me, if I am lifted up [ a ] from the earth I will draw all people to Myself.”

Then all power and authority was given to Jesus again in the first century,

Ephesians 1:20-23

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

God’s Power in Christ

20 He demonstrated this power in the Messiah by raising Him from the dead and seating Him at His right hand in the heavens— 21 far above every ruler and authority, power and dominion, and every title given, [ a ] not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And He put everything under His feet [ b ] and appointed Him as head over everything for the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of the One who fills all things in every way.

I just love the bible you can blow up WT dogma so easily with just this book!!!!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

but they will say, that's not what the Bible really means...lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit