What do Americans actually really know about???

by invisible 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

IMO, the western world, is the western world, is the western world... it's just that some western countries are more western than others (especially the one where Cowboy Shrub is President...)

Cheers, Max

• invisible
    invisible

Maybe I'm just jealous of your culture, I agree the Brits and Europeans too can be fairly dumbassed too. Sure if I came to the States my opinions would change moderately, I don't doubt on the more personal level that you are all very decent people, but in policy decisions affecting other nations you do come across as dumb to say the least. Whats more, even the WT was started off in your wunnerful country, dumb by anyones stretch of the imagination!! OK, so I'm just being controversial, the real question I guess is, why is mankind so dumb, arrogant and stupid, why do all of us take decisions which represent the easy way out rather than facing up to all our combined problems with more responsibility? (I'm just as annoyed with my dumbass self, do not fret)

But Americans are funny, you do collectively ask for a piss take to be taken out of you. Would love to visit there one day, would be entertaining to say the least.

Cheers for helping me have a laugh today.

Mark Price

Cornwall UK

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Celtic is just jealous because we have better teeth....

A spokesperson for the British Dental Health Foundation agreed, but pointed out that only 10-11% of the UK's tap water is currently fluoridated.
    They have discovered that compounds found in black tea may attack harmful bacteria in the mouth that cause gum disease and cavities.

So that is why you all have black teeth....it's the tea! Not a lack of fluoride! I wish I had known this...I would have drank (or is it drunk? I cannot remember. Bad education and all) much more tea. I would so love to acheive the level of dental health of the Brits.

Lovely Example of British Dental Health

Scottish people had the worst dental health in the UK , according to the survey, with, on average, 8.2 missing teeth. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_441000/441754.stm)

England came out best, with 15.5 untreated and sound teeth on average, just ahead of Wales.

Hmmm....you start with 32. Think about it.

You may what to try teeth whitening...it would really help your self esteem.

Edited by - puffsrule on 2 July 2002 12:59:6

• LDH
    LDH

Puffs, if they're not brushing, I think white teeth is the least of their worries.

Now I am laughing me arse off!

Lisa

• Simon
    Simon

Mark: you have a pretty warped and under-developed sense of humour if the sad events as some poor people being bombed gives you cause to 'have a laugh'

What makes you any different to a troll? Why shouldn't I deactivate your account? Maybe I should ... it might give people a 'laugh'

Edited by - Simon on 2 July 2002 12:57:43

• invisible
    invisible

Whatever Simon whatever, been there before, why should I worry about it? Big deal, getting 'disfellowshipped' from JW.Com, hell too funny. Btw having a laugh at the expense of some bombing? Where was the reference to that?

Mark Price

• City Fan
    City Fan

Francois :

"If not for America, you would certainly be speaking German right now, you ungrateful ass."

Bullshit.

Where were the Americans at the Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Kursk, El Alamein, Sinking of the Bismarck, Defence of Singapore and Burma ??

Don't forget the British and Russians had been fighting the Germans and Japanese for 3 years before the US joined in.

I get the impression that some people on this board think the US won WWII all on its own.

And I do like Americans !

• Francois
    Francois

Invisible, all you really know about Bush has been brought to you by the leftist press. I'll bet you don't really know shit about the US. In fact, I went to California last summer, which is on the opposite side of the continent from where I live and all my assumptions about it were wrong AND I LIVE HERE. And you know all about us over there on your little dot in the eastern Atlantic?

• mike047
    mike047

Simon; deactivation would not be reasonable, Mark threw out the bait and people took it. What I am curious about is the reason he did so. Just to start trouble for his own amusement, a bit of a test of some kind?

Mark; There are idiots and fools and troublemakers everywhere, not confined to one country or geographic area. You would, probably, enjoy a visit in the U.S. but not in MY area.

MIKE

• Francois
    Francois

As I recall it, City Fan, Winston Churchill was standing alone in the breach when the US got involved. Had it not been for him, your previous governments - those of Baldwin and Chamberlin - would have collapsed. Between them Baldwin and Chamberlin didn't have enough spine for a newborn, much less two grown men. And Churchill had been telling them about German rearmament for ten years. Yet they were ferrying themselves over to Obersalzberg fawning over a madman, and coming home preening about "peace in our time." All things considered, the US joined the war about the same time that England really got involved.

I worked for several years for an American who volunteered to come over and fly with the RAF during the Battle of Brittan. His name was Don Jones, Deacon Jones to you. Why don't you pop over to the library and read about him? And he wasn't the only one either.

Wise up, you apparently need it.

Francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit