What do Americans actually really know about???

by invisible 90 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I find your comments extremely insulting. Being that I am African American it really irritates me when someone belittles another group. These very statements (ignorance as a whole group) have been said about darker skinned Americans (compared to other Americans) for a very long time and it infuriates me! How dare you make these inflammatory comments with no regard to anyone's feelings?!

I truely hope you are joking. . .

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Ah...Invisible must know about every culture. However, any of us Americans are unable to be as well-cultured as Invisible.

Anyway, Invisible, the whole USA is not like 'King of the Hill' just like the entire UK is not like 'Benny Hill'

Dude! Take the dry leaf out of your underwear!

"I sell propane and propane accessories". -Hank Hill

• Mary
    Mary

"........It's certainly not just me, but for years since early childhood in fact, it has been commonly accepted by many, that Americans in general are the biggest ignorant fools residing almost anywhere on the planet, yet they still do their damndest to have everyone believe what a great nation they are. Is it even beyond their comprehension how foolish they look often to the rest of the world, the fact that they have so little understanding of problems on the worldwide front?......."

America is by no means perfect - no nation is, but like someone else mentioned, it's funny how all these other countries seem to hate America and all it stands for, but they sure don't mind accepting the good ol' greenbacks instead of their own currency (ex. Cuba, Iran, Iraq, India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Russia). One of the most hypocritical examples I saw of how much other countries hate America, was when the newspaper showed a 12 or 13 year old Palestinian boy, burning an American flag, but he was wearing a Spiderman T-shirt. Go figure.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

It must be your time of the month. Your using female talk by using broad hard generalizations. Most Americans are only concerned about themselves because that is all that is around them. We don't live in some country the size of Rhode Island surrounded by a dozen other countries. Although a friend and I have a theory. God I'm going to get flamed for this one. We theororize that the intelligence level rises the further you get from the center of the country with the acception of the SE of the U.S. He is a Florida native by the way. Most Americans don't know about other cultures because they don't have to. You cross a state line and guess what you're in another state that is still part of the same country. I do think you'll find that there are huge cultural differences from one end of the U.S. to the other. In general though, I agree with you. I would guess that 80% of the country like to be sheep and enjoy the bliss of their ignorance. By the way our BBQ ownz joo. :)

gsx1138

• rekless
    rekless

Well we had some friends from Yates and Bristol stay two weeks with us in Las Vegas. They said most Brits have their heads up there asses because they think we are just what you said, because you are narrow minded assholes that have never visited the US and only holiday in Eroupe.

They love the portions served in our resturants and the friedliness of out waiters and host.They met our friends and got to know we are not know-it-alls,that we appreciate our British friends and want to know about other places and the Brits way of life.

We get free seconds of coffee and larger protions matter of fact we all had tears in our eyes when we dropped them off at the airport.

If you want to know about America, come visit us you will never hoilday in France again.

From your countyman's own mouth you are called a stupid narrow minded nation that only parrots the same feelings about the US without ever trying us.

Try us you might like us.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

CityFan, you were told that all American women were big and fat? Now, I'm pissed!

• butalbee
    butalbee

As an American and proud to be, I am a little perturbed reading this thread. Aren't WE the ones that got BOMBED 9/11?

And there are loud mouth assholes EVERYWHERE on this earth, Americans seem louder cuz we have the freedom to be.

• rekless
    rekless

matter of fact our visitors told us that the Brits should be holding us in great esteme , and I quot, "if it wasn't for the USA we ( Brits) would be speaking German."

the circle he associates with are very pro-american.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Perhaps a better question to ask is....

What does Celtic, aka Invisible, aka Mark Price really know about the big outside world outside of his own culture?

Why does Invisible post garbage posts that are arrogant and stupid?

Why am I replying to a post written by a self-admitted nutcase?

• City Fan
    City Fan

Dutchie - At least now I know most American girls are babes.

Rekless - If it wasn't for the Russians we'd all be speaking German !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit