Schoolyard bully mentality

by FusionTheism 141 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

If you feel you are being pressured to *not* give your opinion because of threats against you - that is intimidation.

The threats can be veiled or obvious, public or by PM.

I think most people know if they are being threatened by someone.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

FT

You claim that we are not tolerant - at least you claim that some of us aren't. Yet, no one has banned you from this forum.

You have been allowed to post as you see fit.

Yes, your posts have been criticised, and not without good reason in my opinion, but you are free to write what you will and are free to do so in the future. This is a tolerant forum.

It's a great pity that we cannot do likewise on christard forums.

I have been on christard forums and been extremely polite, as have countless others before and after me. Once we proclaim our Atheism, that's it. We are ejected and banned for life without reason. Not only that, our IP addresses are circulated to other religtard forums so that we can't even register on them.

This forum claims to be tolerant and tolerant it is because it hasn't banned you. It allows you to say what you see fit.

The people on this forum are also open minded but not so open minded that their brains fall out.

Consider and look that up in your Funk and Wagnalls before you go bitching and moaning about the treatment you receive on this forum.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

So lets get this straight, if someone disagrees with your opinion thats bullying.

Only by agreeing with you can there be peace and love and and all things fluffy?

Start your own forum in that case... you can police and moderate it to death, or just write a blog and dont allow comments. you can be king of your own little dirt mound that way.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    @witness- no its not bullying, now its raping a woman and saying she deserved it. Before that it was like having a molested child face their abuser... before that it was bullying.
  • DJS
    DJS

HMTM,

That's excellent; and as I noted, x-tianity is evolving. Last week I attended a gay wedding in an Episcopal church in the city where I live. It was their first gay wedding, very well attended and very confirming that x-tianity has hope. The minister was great, and he briefly re-counted the internal struggles and conversations he had with his church to make this happen.

Everyone in attendance was supportive; no one seemed to be faking it. Having said that, however, this was a fairly liberal x-tian church in an upscale area of the city where about 90% of the members are college grads.

Now let's send Rev. Graham an email. Theists, like it or not, will evolve to resemble atheists. And HMTM, outside of this forum, which can be caustic at times, I would imagine that every theist and atheist is a nice, decent person.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Witness My Fury: So lets get this straight, if someone disagrees with your opinion thats bullying. Only by agreeing with you can there be peace and love and and all things fluffy?

You have absolutely nailed the whole discussion. ;)

More truths: All Christians are lunatics and all atheists are intelligent, sane and generous. All Christians should be put into institutions and their children taken away (as someone here has said). All religious are idiots and all governments and institutions should be headed by atheists who being the best of the best will make all bad things go away and the earth will be filled with happy little elves busy at work doing all things good and great.

All wars will cease and hunger, crime and greed will be disappear.

Can't wait! ;)

• DJS
    DJS

HMTM,

The wedding included a very beautiful reading of 1 Corinthians 13 (Love never fails). I couldn't help but think, if they turned their bibles back a few pages, they would find themselves in a bit of a quandary. Paul said some very direct, unloving things about gays at 1 Corinthians 6. Therein lies the dilemma for x-tians. Cherry pick verses and admit that much of it is nonsense - and therefore NOT inspired - or stick to the hate-filled lessons and rules that the bible also teaches.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Thanks for relating that great experience, DJS.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

DJS,

I just read your last post. I agree, with what you said about Paul. I suppose the problem lies in how Paul's letters were categorized in the early church. They were put in the "inspired" column but are they really? As a Christian my personal opinion is that Paul wrote what he thought was good and for his time but his letters were not necessarily inspired.

Just my opinion on that.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    It figures those making the jealous, emotional, fragile, egotistical, maniacal, genocidal desert god their object of worship would feel so insulted/bullied imply by being disagreed with. hell he condemned the human race to death and suffering for thousands of years simply for being challenged. All the rest just falls into place. The ego makes you need to control not only your delusion but that of others, and when they are free from it, it becomes very frustrating and we have posts that essentially elude to "everyone is picking on me". You can't say come at me then complain when people accept the challenge. It just looks bad. I don't hear anyone saying you are picking on them for being godless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit