Schoolyard bully mentality

by FusionTheism 141 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I'm sure there all sorts of different ages of curious jws and xjws who come on here so your points are welll taken fusiontheism. I think it is important to make such observations too provided you are simply making an observation about what an individual can do if they feel they are being bullied. At the KH you are expected to to treat bullies with respect and to quit murmmering against exalted ones. that is not expected here nor do you have to be angry and abusive to show that you can defend yourself. best advice is to leave an angry abusve poster to get over his angst.

so long as there are name callers and angry posts I think it is perfectly acceptable to object to them from time to time.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

HMTM, If you will note I said "in the future". Do you honestly believe there is no possibility that at some point in the future when religion has become a stench to many more than it already has and is then blamed for a great war, or whatever, that there will not be some who will take action against a religious family in their town or church in their city?

Oh, please.

You've seen too many dystopian movies.

Who knows what "might happen" in the future. And even if there are "some who will take action against a religious family" that wouldn't be anything like the thousands of years of institutionalized atrocities committed by theists of varying designation.

You are confused on so many levels it's hard to know where to begin to address your delusions.

We don't know what may happen, but we certainly do know what has and is happening. And, as investment companies like to say, "while past performance does not guarantee future results," there is a pretty strong historical basis for dismissing your post-apocalyptic persecution fantasy as the delusion that it is.

Seriously. Get some help.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Oubliette,

My grandfather's sister lived through the persecution of the European Jews in the last century. It has happened, it can happen. People are people.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Didn't we go through this a couple of years ago with a well known poster complaining of being bullied and attacked by a so called 'peanut gallery'? Members were banned because of his claims (thankfully Simon restored their accounts).

FT, the forum doesn't need this. Grow a thicker skin and understand the heat that a forum full of cult survivors can generate. If you don't like it do as the aforementioned poster did - successfully I might add - leave and start your own site.

Being challenged is not the same as being bullied.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

HMTM when you showcwhatcbothers you people instantly go there. You revealed a weakness the dogs will come.

I don't agree with your stance or beliefs but I don't think your insane

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

HMTM

My father survived Belsen - just.

You are right - people are people.

What did christards do?

They helped to smuggle the Nazis that were responsible out of Germany to South America.

No I'm not Jewish. It wasn't just the Jews that they put in concentration camps.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    Being challenged is not the same as being bullied.

no it isn't and we can tell the difference so quit whining

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

nicolaou,

You said:

FT, the forum doesn't need this. Grow a thicker skin and understand the heat that a forum full of cult survivors can generate. If you don't like it do as the aforementioned poster did - successfully I might add - leave and start your own site.

You are telling me, a fellow cult survivor, to get thicker skin and to expect, and put up with, and just accept bad treatment from a "cult support group,"? Otherwise I must be shunned, ridiculed, or banished to another website?

In what universe does that make sense?

Sounds waaaaaay too much like Disfellowshipping.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    FusionTheism

"Jonathan Drake,

"Are you saying that a person must reject faith in order to be a good person or to actively make the world a better place?

"Can you list 5 atheists who changed the world for the better?

"I can name hundreds of theists/deists:"

That is an unfair and arrogant question since atheists only make up 2% of the population which means they're outnumbered 50 to one. If you did any sincere research you would come up with some. And do realize that atheists from the past were unlikely to have made their atheism known to the public because of the social stigma involved.

Some examples of atheists and agnostic humanitarians are:

Robert Wilson who donated 5.6 million dollars to Catholic schools in New York.

Warren Buffett who donated over$40 billion to “health, education, humanitarian causes.”

Bill & Melinda Gates who donated $27.602 billion to “global health and development, education”

You can research the rest.

• Giordano
    Giordano

If one comes on a forum like this and asserts an extraordinary claim without extraordinary evidence one has to expect that the claim is going to be dismissed out of hand and in turn no evidence need be asserted.

Fortunately people are taken seriously enough on this forum so that most will at least present enough evidence to justify the rejection of the claim.

For a person who was raised in the JW construct having a claim rejected most assuredly feels like bullying at best or persecution at worse.

One needs to understand that an adequate explanation for an assertion is necessary for a discussion to be able to continue. When no explanation is forthcoming.....questioning follows ......when no answers are given respect is diminished.

It is not bullying........... it is dismissal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit