• Oubliette
  • Oubliette
  • Oubliette
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    So, who's the bully?
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    I just hope all the lurkers can use this thread to identify the bullies and then know whom to interact with and whom NOT to interact with on this website.

You're not a bully. Just because you come to the website and tell us that unless we start loving god, we're dead people with torture to look forward to, that doesn't make you a bully. Just because you're unable to do anything yourself, making threats with the attitude of "my big brother is gonna get you good", you're not a bully. There is no big brother. The threat is imaginary. We get it.We'll talk to you anyway.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Not that it's all about money, but ...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    In addition, why do atheists (9% of the population, maybe) think they have a monopoly on truth, or that they are so superior to the other 91% of people?

I don't know if the 9/91% split is correct but many of the 91% (if indeed it is 91%) are far more entrenched in their position as to having the monopoly on truth. Those that accept the scientific method are open minded enough to change their viewpoint as new evidence comes to light. Those that base their mindset on holy writings tend to far more close minded.

It's only when I started accepting that perhaps the interpretation of the Bible as presented in WT publications may not be correct that I really started making my own mind up about the world around me. It was only then my mind really opened up. It was only then that I really started applying reason and logic to how I really felt about things. Before then, all I was really doing was reflecting the stance of the WTS within a set of acceptable parameters, never really being challenged to consider all sides of an argument.

• Oubliette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit