Schoolyard bully mentality

by FusionTheism 141 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon
    "and again. Ridicule religion. The world needs more of the that." - I Agree
    Ridiculing people and stating things to make them feel degraded or to respond iona way to show disdain for their thought.. that is pretty unnecessary.

Ah, typical of the righteous to ignore what is actually said and instead seek out an insult to take offense at.

Ridiculing religion and ideas is not ridiculing people. If people decide to be 'insulted' because their religion is trashed then too bad, so sad - it's completely their problem. Maybe they need to find a more secure belief system that can stand up to some criticism without feeling threatened.

• careful
    careful

I couldn't help but respond to this statement:

FusionTheism a day ago

Truthseeker,

A bully is a bully. Doesn't matter where they are.

Why would anyone want to interact with a bully?

As so many of us here know firsthand, THERE ARE PLENTY OF BULLIES WHO LOVE TO INTERACT WITH OTHER BULLIES. THEY'RE RAMPANT AMONG BODIES OF ELDERS IN JW CONGREGATIONS. Not that every BOE is this way, but my years of experience "in" revealed that many not only LOVED interacting with other overseer-bullies, but basically lived for it, thrived in it, both in local BOEs and at Bethels. They "want" this. They are often in competition for bullying with their fellow elder-bullies. Sometimes it's openly crass. Other times it's subtle and crafty.

Now as to "why," well that's another essay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit