Schoolyard bully mentality

by FusionTheism 141 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am an atheist myself, and I feel there is some offensive behavior in the theist/atheists threads. I think most of the posters are well intentioned, but I do think they say things that they wouldn't say if they were face to face with you, and they can be belittling and argumentative. There are some abusive Theists also, but I see it more often with the Atheists

I finally just mostly stopped going to those threads because it was just tiresome. If you want a discussion where your ideas are considered and tactfully discussed, this is not the place. If you want to learn something, I suggest you read older atheist/theist discussions. Probably the point you are trying to make has already been discussed, many, many times (which may indeed be part of the problem ). Maybe if you are just reading, it won't feel so personal and insulting. Who knows, you might learn something.

Don't feel like all posters here are like that. This is just a subject that people feel very strongly about and that does get very heated, it's just not for everybody, especially because we are ex JWs, the open debate and heated discussions can feel very intimidating. Just remember that if you wanted to be with people who all believed the same as you did, you could have stayed in the Borg.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    No sense of humour. Surprising actually given a record of below the belt comments given by yourself. Such is a matter of record; shall we digress on the hypocrisy of your last statement?

Look, you didn't get the point. I get it. Now trying to blame your lack of getting it on me is just cheap and weak. Frankly, given your sexist views on the importance of a penis to a debate, I am surprised you are rolling over and exposing your belly as an excuse so easily. Ah, well, so it goes.

Ahh, you really should try to stop being so predictable.

Dealing with you invokes boring predictability. It's not inspiring, to say the least.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

"Would you tolerate someone being belligerent, rude, calling you names, saying you were stupid if you were having a discussion in your house?"

Uhh, in my own house? no. But such encounters are expected online. That is an example of the fallacy of false equivalency. My home and "the internet" are 2 entirely different settings. Watchtower uses that same analogy all the time and it doesn't work. The more similar 2 things are, the stronger the analogy. My house and the entire World Wide Web couldn't be any less similar to one another.
    but none of that matters... Because if you HAVE "the truth," why let bullies bother you anyway?
  • Twitch
    Twitch
    Look, you didn't get the point. I get it. Now trying to blame your lack of getting it on me is just cheap and weak. Frankly, given your sexist views on the importance of a penis to a debate, I am surprised you are rolling over and exposing your belly as an excuse so easily. Ah, well, so it goes.

Scratch me belly and feed me a grape, woman.

Dealing with you invokes boring predictability. It's not inspiring, to say the least.

You're so hot when you talk dirty nerd to me. Tell me how bad my coding is...

lmao

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Scratch me belly and feed me a grape, woman.
    You're so hot when you talk dirty nerd to me. Tell me how bad my coding is...
    lmao

I hear that from a lot of men that have no chance and think they're being clever. Take a number, line starts at the end of Never Never Land.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Dearest V

The world lights a fire upon catching your visage

The briefest glimpse, more than mortal man deserves

Never you say

Always I've known

I, Icarus

• Viviane
    Viviane
    None of them are like me :wink:
    And I don't take numbers or wait in line; that's for chumps

Sorry, I thought the name "Never Never Land" would clue you in the line is fake. And you're right, you don't take numbers. You've earned that 0. Rock it.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    And if you don't like this, somebody else will...
    You ain't the only one with a line, dear V

Ah, sorry, caught your original reply before you changed it. It's not that I don't like it... it's just not something that registers as relevant enough to have an opinion on.

Again, the line was fake.

• Twitch
    Twitch

V, you flatter me, following me meanderings and thoughts so. Maybe I is not so boring ;)

• Viviane
    Viviane
    V, you flatter me, following me meanderings and thoughts so. Maybe I is not so boring ;)

Follow you? Oh, no, dear.It's just rude not to reply when someone reaches out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit