Mulan could use some cyber hugs...

by Princess 69 Replies latest jw friends

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Mulan,

We all know that you have done the very best you could with this often difficult situation.
    So many couldn't/wouldn't have even tried. We're here when you are ready to talk. (((((Hugs))))).

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Mulan)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

luv Mimilly

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Chin up (((Mulan))).If your parents are going to be jerks(I don`t care what age)you need to take a break from them.In my case it`s been permanent...OUTLAW

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Mulan))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

We love ya here!

Andee

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

((Mulan))

Best wishes...

• Mulan
    Mulan

You guys are all so great. I am really miserable, and will tell a bit of the day's events here.

Just as a little tickler, the police were here today, and helped a lot, but I had to disconnect Mom's phones. She got a bee in her butt to move out, and is wreaking havoc trying to make it happen, calling people all day long. She is seriously, mentally ill, but I knew that already. For the past four months she has been so great, and just this week, she became this awful person again. Does that sound like multiple personality disorder? I am quite sure that is part of it.

She called Social Services to report me as an abuser. Who would do that to their daughter, but a very sick person? Fortunately the call was given to the Social worker familiar with Mom, who called me to alert me. She said Mom is the most manipulative person she has dealt with in the whole 20 years she has been in the business. Both the police woman and the social worker said Mom is not all there, as I have always insisted. I never thought there was any dementia going on, but they both agreed that she is spacey. She is insisting that I am abusing her. To her, the abuse is disagreeing with her and telling her she isn't cabable of living on her own. (she says it's verbal abuse)

My husband, my brother, and my niece, (all the support people for me in dealing with Mom) are moving my niece and her husband to another city today, so I called Rachel (Princess) and she came right over. I was afraid the police would take me to jail. I actually called them, threatening Mom with 911. I didn't know it goes through even if you hang up. I tried to get elders to come too (I was desperate) but they are all doing yard work at the Assembly Hall this weekend.

So, I give up. She can move out.................I am not going to take this anymore. But she has to go into assisted living, which is like a death sentence to her. The Social worker says she will lose about half of her income, doing that, but she couldn't afford to live alone, like she wants to, and they won't approve her to get her own apartment anyway, with the level of care she needs. She had a really good situation going here, but as I said, she is ill, and has to have her own way, even if it means sacrificing her family. She knows the consequences and told her friend (I was listening on the other phone) that she wants to move out no matter what. That is when I disconnected all her phones and brought them upstairs. Monday I am getting a restraining order against that "friend", who is about my age, and is constantly interfereing in our lives. I have Mom's DPA (Durable Power of Attorney) so can do that. The one final thing I can control, and protect her from this awful person.

More later, if anyone is interested.

Thanks Rachel, for calling for the hugs. I needed them!!

Edited by - mulan on 29 June 2002 19:28:16

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Mulan

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

This must be so very emotionally painful for you....

Closing one door usually means there is another one to open. We are here to support your decisions and to offer you unconditional love.

Karen/Sentinel

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

((((((((((mulan)))))))))) Hang in there.

• termite 35
    termite 35

I hope the situation improves for you Mulan-I'm SO pleased you are dealing with professionals that can see the truth in the situation.

My mother had a similar situation with my Grandmother as she entered senility-that was upsetting to the extreme...though if your mother is.nt senile it must be so much worse.

XX

• LB
    LB

I have read most if not all of your threads about your mom Mulan. My mom was a handful the last couple of years of her life but not nearly as bad as your mom has become.

Just know that you've done all you can for her to help her. She isn't the person she wants to be either.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Mulan>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <-------- *tight hug*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit