Mulan could use some cyber hugs...

by Princess 69 Replies latest jw friends

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

((((((((((Mulan))))))))))

My heart goes out to you. You are have done the noble, loving thing by having your mom live with you. There comes a point where letting her go live somewhere else is the healthiest choice for her and for you. Don't buy the ticket for the guilt trip - you've done your best!

Mrs Rocky

• Undine
    Undine

((((((((((Mulan)))))))))) Am so sorry to hear this news!!!

• waiting
    waiting

So many (((((((((((((((((hugs to Mulan!)))))))))))))))))))

Sigh. We all have parents......and so will our children. That could be a downer for some, eh? I've read your experiences before - and was slightly in awe of your preseverance.

It was once written by someone that we're the first generation (speaking widely of time) that has made the noble effort to provide for our parents - through taxation, government help, family help, medicinal help, etc. And that the effort could be a boomerang effect in all ways Several nations are trying to wrestle with the issue differently than done historically.

Take care of yourself and best wishes..

waiting

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{{{{Mulan}}}}}}

{{{{{{Princess}}}}}}

You are both wonderful.

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Mulan))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sorry to hear that your going through hard times. Hang in there.

Cappuccino OC

• Nowfree
    Nowfree

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sad to hear what you are going through at the moment.

I don't know whether it will be of any help or use to you, but over here in the UK, if a person is mentally ill and is at risk to others/from others, or are a danger to their own health and safety, then they can be admitted and detained (if the person is refusing to go into hospital) in a mental health unit, where they can be assessed and treated.

It can sound drastic and maybe draconian, but it does work, because once the correct medication is being given regularly, the individual returns more to their premorbid personality, and their life can continue (at least to some degree) how it was before.

It may be different over in America, but it may be worth talking to the social workers - they will know what can done in your situation.

More ((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))) to you and your family.

Love

Nowfree

• LDH
    LDH

Marilyn,

This is bad!!!! I'm so sorry! This is just emotionally exhausting, no? I'm so sorry.....

All you can keep doing is the right thing. No matter what your mother says or does.

Trust me, been there. done that. got the t-shirt.

Lisa

• Princess
    Princess

Nowfree, the social worker did suggest something similar if the situation deteriorated next week while she (the social worker) is on vacation. Hard to say if it would work here but it could be worth trying if needed.

Laughing at the "t-shirt" Lisa. I'll start looking into one for my parents for when it's all over! Too funny.

Rachel

• riz
    riz

((((( mulan ))))) i'm sorry you have to go through this. you are a good daughter.

riz

• TheStar
    TheStar

Mulan, I"m so sorry to hear about your situation. Hang in there.

Lots of Hugs,

Star

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit