Mulan could use some cyber hugs...

by Princess 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Matty
    Matty

For what it's worth, here's my mega-cyberhug too. {{{((((((Marilyn))))))}}} we are always here for your support.

Lots Of Love

Matthew

Edited by - matty on 30 June 2002 17:47:34

• Mulan
    Mulan

You guys just bring me to tears. Thank you all so much!!!

I love this discussion board.............the support is so awesome. I was thinking today, about how Mom has no friends anymore (except the psycho woman), and the congregation has all but abandoned her. And, I have such a multitude of friends. Should make her think, but nothing makes her admit she was wrong in anything.

Today she is total denial of the past few day's events. I think she really does have a multiple personality thing going on.

I haven't talked to her since yesterday, early afternoon. It's more peaceful for me. I still feel horrible though, but time will take care of that I hope.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Mulan, time will take care of it. =:o)

Hang in there, we're here for ya girl!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((Mulan))))))))))))))))))))

Big Hug

Tink =;o)

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

MULAN ---- here R some cyber-hugs from me if that means anything to you so here they R (((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) QUEENIE -- you can e-mail me privately for more at [email protected]

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

(((Mulan)))

Your situation sounds almost identical to what my mom went through with my grandmother before she died. (except she wasn't a wacko JW but she was a a wacko religious addict.)

She used to abuse my mom and when my mom had to give her a bath she would come out screaming that my mom was beating her.

I don't envy your situation but maybe it's better for her to move out. God knows you don't NEED to be burdened this way even though you do love your mom.

Perhaps my mom could give you more details and you could compare notes but I know that in the end they had to put my grandma in a nursing home and it was much better for her there. She wasn't able to abuse people any longer and I think she even made her peace with her own life.

It's hard to have lived a life and look back at all the regrets. Your mom probably has some issues that she is unable to cope with and projects them onto you.

Sometimes we have to let go so as not to go crazy ourselves. You have done the best you can do in this impossible situation. I'm glad you have the support group here to express yourself.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Here's a link to the University of Washington Alzheimer Disease Research center website:

http://depts.washington.edu/adrcweb/

The website has general information on Alzheimer's and other types of dementia. There is also information for caregivers on self-care, managing stress, etc. Hope you find this helpful.

Mrs Rocky

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((((((((((Marilyn)))))))))))))))

You're in my thoughts and prayers!!!

• somebody
    somebody

(((((((((Mulan)))))))))))))

My thoughts and prayers are with you also. I've been through something like you are but not to the extent you are. I didn't have the relative living with me. I found it extremely frustrating just to force myself to go to their house to take care of them, only because of what they put me through while helping them. So I can only imagine how hard this all is for you. My thoughts and prayers are with Princess and others who have to watch you go through this too.

Hang in there.

peace,

somebody

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Mulan,

We can only imagine your emotional struggles having lost both sets of parents at a young age, but Mrs Step and I are thinking of you and your family.

Keep your chin up - HS

• Southland
    Southland

(((Mulan)))

I remember when I first started lurking here, trying to decipher the odd cast of characters, Mulan was one of those that always stood out as a voice of calm and reason. I remember thinking, wow, what a wonderful maternal influence.

I feel for your situation. My grandmother had dementia toward the end and what a sad way for her to exit this world where she did not recognize anyone around her and thought everyone was out to get her.

I hope tomorrow is a better day and that she regains some of her senses.

Southland

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit